from Tokyo to Sapporo

hokkaido_004-1.jpg

hokkaido_010-1.jpg

hokkaido_014-1.jpg

very nice winter series :thumbsup:
Hope to see your summer series :)

swee!! very nice photos you got!! esp #2

Hokkaido is magical in winter!
Your tancho is tops! Like some of the postcard/pictorial shots I see over there! :thumbsup:

Wah, Odori park decor like no change leh......

love the snow covered countryside..... :thumbsup:

nice shots, looks like the calandar type photos!

by the way , the "from TV Tower overlooking the Boulevard"

What is that long road? Looks like some houses, but on a road?

wow... v v v nice............

赞!

beautiful, beautiful and breathtaking :) as always, anyways

thanks guys :)

Hope to see your summer series :)

it's barely spring! :bsmilie:

Wah, Odori park decor like no change leh......

i was there before the snow festival, that's why :sweat:

by the way , the "from TV Tower overlooking the Boulevard"

What is that long road? Looks like some houses, but on a road?

the Boulevard is just a very long park with 2 major roads at the 2 sides

one just need the right music to emancipate the mood, and i will be brought back immediately to the memories of an old japanese film called love letter, directed by Iwai Shunji (i prefer the traditional way of surname, followed by first name).

hokkaido_087.jpg

my favourite is actually "on the way to Kushiro". unlike cinematography where all the people will stand in their right positions with their faces shown as when needed, unposed travel photography can't expect an equivalent unless one is really lucky. despite of that, the child and his/her (i think it's a him) hood really catches my attention. someone once told me that it is always the people photography that catches attention and one that people remembers. i'm always intrigued by a hood too.... well, except for the lens hood.

i would of cos wish that the father's face would be shown, and i believe eikin will also wish for that if the moments allow. the idea of a family together would be great, for a family traveling in winter and snow, taking care of each other. the mother takes care of the child, the father (and great one that he is much taller, helps to bring across the character too) carries the bags, forming the roles each takes in a family.

this is what i feel about the picture. i think some of the pictures really allow a deeper dimension to it. and i'm really impressed with the precision and immaculate feel. i'm still struggling with many situations of difficult lighting, and that would not exclude a snow scene. your handling of the exposure of the snow is just spot on, cool.

glad you guys like them :)

thanks zoossh for the compliment :) in many ways i really wished i had done more shooting on people, but Japanese are too often too courteous to behave naturally in front of a camera ... maybe i ought to switch back to my digicam ... something i've been contemplating for quite some time ...

glad you guys like them :)

thanks zoossh for the compliment :) in many ways i really wished i had done more shooting on people, but Japanese are too often too courteous to behave naturally in front of a camera ... maybe i ought to switch back to my digicam ... something i've been contemplating for quite some time ...

maybe a rangefinder is good for that purpose?

have always wonder if one day i would try a digital rangefinder.... but at the moment, if i have money, i will still use them for lens and DSLR bodies/accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.