Hobby - Photography: Only for those with $$$?

Hobby - Photography: Is it ONLY for those with $$$?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In any hobby especially 'Mens toys' there is always two side of the 'Dollar' one side is the 'Face' value, and the other is 'dollar & cents' value. Which to choose is subjective, so is yours 'Wants or 'Need':think:

i've come to the perspective that most hobbies are never cheap if you want to go distance.

very true. for e.g. a friend of mine that collect mint transformer toys. much more expensive than my camera equipment.

Men's toy are just the female version of make-up/bags/clothes ;)

true.. very true..

People who Zhng cars spend even more money....
A car body kit set can get u a very good lens le....:bigeyes:
A spoiler can get u a highest end flash unit...:bigeyes:
Zhng Turbo can buy u a FF le...:bigeyes:

I am not sure if anyone disgrees but I found the cheapest way is to buy the more expensive lenses.
Reason is resale value, I can use a lense for a year and sell it off at the same price or with minimum loss.
So when the comes that I decided to quit the hobby, except for my camera body, the lenses will break even or with minimum loss.

I am not sure if anyone disgrees but I found the cheapest way is to buy the more expensive lenses.
Reason is resale value, I can use a lense for a year and sell it off at the same price or with minimum loss.
So when the comes that I decided to quit the hobby, except for my camera body, the lenses will break even or with minimum loss.

Agreed. For rare ones, u can even recoup more than what u lose (take nikon 28mmf1.4 for instance).. Body..can't say the same..

Agreed. For rare ones, u can even recoup more than what u lose (take nikon 28mmf1.4 for instance).. Body..can't say the same..

I have a cheaper method. Buy the better, well known lenses 2nd hand. So you sell it off at the same price you bought it :)

And regarding Body, only very selected few are able to. For example the Fuji S5pro. I bought it first hand at $1118. I still see it selling 2nd hand for about 1k. But then again, its a great cam. Other then its slow speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.