hmmmm which one is better??

lovewrecker

Sep 20, 2010
i was thinking which is better?? 70-200 f2.8 or 70-200 f4 as i usually take photo during day only occasionally during evening??

i was thinking which is better?? 70-200 f2.8 or 70-200 f4 as i usually take photo during day only occasionally during evening??

High ISO during evening shoots is usually not a problem with today's digital cameras.

Question is: Do you need the shallow DOF at F2.8 or you shoot sports?

i dun need f2.8. f4 is good enough for me. i borrowed this lens from my friend during my Melbourne trip last month and i shot this behind the fence. i still can bokeh out the fence using f5.6 at 200mm.

5098875513_7ca89f4968.jpg

get what you need!

f/2.8 is not only for low light...

and most f/4 users are using it coz of weight & $$$ issue...

Do a search...numerous identical threads....

get the 70-200 f2.8 IS II. Will last you 20 years.

For my case, i will go for F4 due to the weight.:cool:

F2.8 better..

But question is, do u really need it??
This kinda qns only u urself can ans..

i personally dun mind the weight and would go for the 2.8, it helps having those extra stops in low light situation(i shoot in dimlit indoor more :D)

f2.8 is there for a couple or more reasons. DOF, low light, etc...

to me the lower f number the better :D but if weight and $$$ is one big factor, f4 is another good choice :p

The 70-200 f2.8L IS II is almost double the price of the 70-200 f4L IS... :D

Both lenses are equally sharp, the only difference being the extra f-stop, the size and weight (f2.8L IS II is almost double the weight of the f4L IS) and of course, the price.

Whichever lens you choose, get the IS version for greater versatility. I have no problems shooting in low light conditions with my 70-200 f4L IS... yes, the IS of the f4L is that good.:cool:

This topic has been raised and discussed ad nauseum.
TS best do a search, the replies will be similar.

if u are planning to use a teleconverter, u need the f2.8.

Last edited: