Hmm.... What do u think of this saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
"Everyone wants something for themselves yet they do not want to give." :think:

i believe everyone should not be used in this sentence =)

i admit i'm one of these people, but i believe there are those people who sacrifice for others.

I find that when driving, a lot of people GIVE the finger :bsmilie:

It is part true what you say; but it does not apply to all people.

I enjoy giving.

There are also many here in CS that enjoy giving to fellow camera owners.
Some ... no.... many here spend a lot of time giving assistance to fellow camera people.

So I say," It is partly true what you wrote".

Simple...the statement is false.

If it is true then there will be no discussions on CS because no one wants to give time to type critiques...

i oni giv my 2 cents worth of opinion... :bsmilie:

roygoh said:
Simple...the statement is false.

If it is true then there will be no discussions on CS because no one wants to give time to type critiques...
21,729, Active Members: 6,512

Out of the active, maybe only like 100 is posting... :think:

Hmm... So the conclusion is that MAJORITY just want to take yet not give? :think:

Thus, the rich gets richer, the poor get poorer.
But who's truly rich & poor? :think:

jsbn said:
But who's truly rich & poor? :think:
All are equal.

Just that some more equal.

p/s: Saw ur post about Jippon transport in HWZ, I also ran like mad every morning for the train. Hahaha...

JediForce4ever said:
And out of the 100, you are posting the most....:bsmilie:
Wrong :nono: ... I crapping the most.

Perhaps we can refine that a little further:

"Most people always want something for themselves, but yet they are not always willing to give."

That is to say, not everyone wants something for themselves. Amongst those that do, they are sometimes willing to give, but is it necessarily without the desire to get something in return?

Just a thought. ;)

espn said:
All are equal.

Just that some more equal.

p/s: Saw ur post about Jippon transport in HWZ, I also ran like mad every morning for the train. Hahaha...
Dun say liaoz.... All those rushing made me a lot thinner. My pants suddenly became very loose beginning of this year. :bsmilie:

jsbn said:
Dun say liaoz.... All those rushing made me a lot thinner. My pants suddenly became very loose beginning of this year. :bsmilie:
Put it this way... the moment I reach the station while my sister enquiring about the train platform to go, I'm getting myself warmed up with a roverplus + gitzo bag getting ready to run. :bsmilie:

fWord said:
Perhaps we can refine that a little further:

"Most people always want something for themselves, but yet they are not always willing to give."

That is to say, not everyone wants something for themselves. Amongst those that do, they are sometimes willing to give, but is it necessarily without the desire to get something in return?

Just a thought. ;)
Hmm.... There's no pure altruism so as to speak.

In short, everyone's making use of each other for a hidden agenda. Either consciously or unconsciously doing so.... :think:

I'd like to believe in this.

For example, a long time no see friend, suddenly calls u up for coffee and starts talking about the fragility of human life. There's a 60% chance he's an insurance agent trying to push product, 30% chance he's a religious evangelist trying to drag u to his place of worship and 10% chance he had seen something really terrible and decided to confide in u.

jsbn said:

In short, everyone's making use of each other for a hidden agenda. Either consciously or unconsciously doing so.... :think:
I could swear I'm not, but I've been recently accused of doing so. Anyway, oh well, OT liao.

jsbn said:

For example, a long time no see friend, suddenly calls u up for coffee and starts talking about the fragility of human life. There's a 60% chance he's an insurance agent trying to push product, 30% chance he's a religious evangelist trying to drag u to his place of worship and 10% chance he had seen something really terrible and decided to confide in u.
That's so true. I was out that day when a friend who lived nearby in the neighbourhood dropped by, FORTUNATELY I was out... he left his name card.

When informed that I've a visitor, looking at the namecard, I threw it away ;p

espn said:
Put it this way... the moment I reach the station while my sister enquiring about the train platform to go, I'm getting myself warmed up with a roverplus + gitzo bag getting ready to run. :bsmilie:
Amazing Race (literally) rox huh?

But try chasing for a train which u arrived at a station that u're late cos the earlier train was delayed for juz 3mins.

Its a literally "do or die". Dun even have time to stop and ask nicely, see any station staff, run over ask him, "Where is platform XXX", he points to u, a barely audible, "Arigato Gozaimasu" blabbers out and u cheong ahhhhh~~~~ Tripod, camera, bag all flying.

Like take FBO go fall in.

espn said:
I could swear I'm not, but I've been recently accused of doing so. Anyway, oh well, OT liao.
Heart noe can liaoz.

That's so true. I was out that day when a friend who lived nearby in the neighbourhood dropped by, FORTUNATELY I was out... he left his name card.

When informed that I've a visitor, looking at the namecard, I threw it away ;p
Proves another point that there's no pure altruism.

BTW, do u noe dat life is very fragile? U'll need protection u noe? :embrass:

jsbn said:

Well, it'll be hard to find someone who is pure of heart 100% of the time, has never thought, or never wanted to gain anything out of doing anything for someone or for that matter, something. :sweatsm:

Why the hell do we take so much care of our equipment anyway? Because we want to be able to use it for a longer period of time. We want our equipment to provide us many years of service. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.