HK stuffs cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just checked with my frens.. the warranty cant be use in spore

just checked with my frens.. the warranty cant be use in spore

shouldn't you be checking with canon rather than your friends (unless your friends r working in canon)?

it comes with international warranty but can it be use in spore?

Yes, remember to retain your receipt and international warranty card. These are the 2 items you need when you send to Canon Spore for servicing within the 1 year warranty period. No problems at all - speaking from personal experience....
;)

But if you buy grey.... then of course no warranty in Spore.;p

Since we are on this topic, may I just ask if stuff in Japan is cheaper? I read some threads that they are slightly cheaper than S'pore... anyone with personal experience?

I did my study around and find that if the price is not significant enough might be better off with local set. Personally I will decide on local or grey for the differences in price....

i think somethings like bodies n some lens is cheap in hk.. ygdragon.net

I am curious too.. That means if I get a 30D body from Hongkong, the warranty does not work in Singapore right? Only lens has international warranty that works in Singapore? If like that the camera body bought in hongkong can also be considered a grey set in Singapore ba..

Do take note that bodies are not international warranty though....;p
Only Lens...;)

I dunno if this is off topic... but the thread title seems to fit.

How about filters? Are they cheaper in HK retail shops?

I am curious too.. That means if I get a 30D body from Hongkong, the warranty does not work in Singapore right? Only lens has international warranty that works in Singapore? If like that the camera body bought in hongkong can also be considered a grey set in Singapore ba..

even though it is to be consider as a grey set, but this "grey set" is a lot cheaper then the ones in spore

Is speedlite covered with international warranty?

Singapore used to be 15-20% more expensive but I think the gap is now more like 10% as Canon Singapore have reduced prices a bit. Half of the 10% is GST. But remember - warranty issues !!

In HK, where should we go for lenses shopping? Any one familar with HK shopping centres? Thanks

In HK, where should we go for lenses shopping? Any one familar with HK shopping centres? Thanks

There's a few.

Man Shing and Wing Shing are (three) shops along ladies street. They have the same prices (opened by two brothers) which are relatively ok prices.

Tin Sheung is another one at Carnavon street nearby Imperial Hotel. They are somewhat like TCW whereby they carry a lot of "water stocks". Relatively cheap as well.

These are the two I normally patronize other than my friend's shop.

Citicall is alright, if you get the right salesman... you get somewhat like Wing Shing prices.
Fortress is like our Harvey norman, more exp....
And forget about those shops along Nathan Road with nice lightings and no signboards. They are tourist traps.

Yes. I got my 580EX two months ago.
And it has the Intl. warranty slip in it. It also states Singapore as one of the countries covered.

Kind enough ti share the purchase price of the 580EX? Thks.

Kind enough ti share the purchase price of the 580EX? Thks.

I got it at a very cheap price (HKD 2800) coz my IA student's uncle owns the shop in HK.

You can get the 580EX at HKD 2835 from Tin Cheung also except that no intl warranty.
Most decent shops sell at 3200~3250 HKD w/ intl warranty.

There's a few.

Man Shing and Wing Shing are (three) shops along ladies street. They have the same prices (opened by two brothers) which are relatively ok prices.

Tin Sheung is another one at Carnavon street nearby Imperial Hotel. They are somewhat like TCW whereby they carry a lot of "water stocks". Relatively cheap as well.

These are the two I normally patronize other than my friend's shop.

Citicall is alright, if you get the right salesman... you get somewhat like Wing Shing prices.
Fortress is like our Harvey norman, more exp....
And forget about those shops along Nathan Road with nice lightings and no signboards. They are tourist traps.

Hi Holy. Thanks man for your precious information.

Hi guys

I'd like to add DigitalRev (http://www.digitalrev.com) to the list, although I don't know if they ship to Singapore. They seem to give pretty good prices (compared to Australian prices) on their website and also on eBay with a 98.9% rating based on approx 11,500 ratings.

However, not everything is cheaper at DigitalRev. I bought a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II from Wing Shing which was HKD $650 (~ SGD $130), compared to Digital Rev's price of HKD $729 (~ SGD $144) plus handling fee.

I also invested in a Canon 400D while in HK. For HKD $6,105 (~ SGD $1,205), I managed to get:
- Canon EOS 400D
- 18-55mm kit lens
- 2GB CF card
- standard tripod
- camera bag
- screen protector
- cleaning kit (incl air pump, lens brush, lcd cleaner)
- other kit (mini tripod, carry kit)

Although it may be a bit unfair to compare, because I had 7.5% discount through a friend's friend who works at Fortress.

Status
Not open for further replies.