Hidden Statue

Status
Not open for further replies.

redoxsim

Jul 29, 2004
Toa Payoh
hidden_carving.jpg

Taken at Angkor Wat.
Wanted a different composition from the standard full aspara statue.
Appreciate comments.

More Angkor photos at http://redox.multiply.com/photos/album/7

Isn't it "Apsara" and not "Aspara"?

I was just in Siem Reap last week too... though I didn't get much inspiration shooting the temples.

Terence said:
Isn't it "Apsara" and not "Aspara"?

I was just in Siem Reap last week too... though I didn't get much inspiration shooting the temples.

You are right :)
It should be Apsara.

I find that the inspiration juices tends to flow more freely when the place is quiet, without the hordes of tourists.

I do see the intention with this picture and whilst it is good to look at well photographed subjects from a different point of view, i think it just lacks a little. Perhaps its that the depth of field is not enough. Need to throw the foreground off focus much more to really give dimension. it will then really bring out the texture and 'expression' of the statue.

bluroom said:
I do see the intention with this picture and whilst it is good to look at well photographed subjects from a different point of view, i think it just lacks a little. Perhaps its that the depth of field is not enough. Need to throw the foreground off focus much more to really give dimension. it will then really bring out the texture and 'expression' of the statue.

Does the pattern on the foreground wall add anything to the overall photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.