Hibiscus

Bukitimah

Nov 28, 2010
Singapore
5311668489_d01b6a693d_z.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
This is my first DSLR shot and I would like to know how can I improve and what kind of setting should I set to achieve the best result

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I would like to capture the color of the flower that stands up from the green

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken?
This photo is taken at around 10.30 am with strong sun.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think I am still missing lots of details. Need more help on the various setting

Last edited:
Composition looks ok and flower looks sharp.
But not much separation between the flower and the background, background looks underexposed.
Lastly, the bitten leave hanging above the flower is distracting.
Keep shooting...

hi, if i'm correct the flower is hanging downwards and it does not do justice to it.
please do work on your composition and make sure the background is not distracting else it will take some attention away from the main focus.
keep shooting.

The lighting is very harsh.You should avoid shooting objects in direct sunlight. If you need to, go earlier or later when the sunlight is not that strong.

Also, the background is very distracting. Maybe you could share your settings and the lens used so we may further advise. Usually to get good macro shots you need dedicated equipment and macro lenses

Hi, Thank you for the feedback. I will try to remember and work harder. I took more shots this morning and when I get home, I realized I made various mistakes while shooting. I guess when you are there, you are so engrossed you forgotten lots of theory. :bsmilie:

Hi, Thank you for the feedback. I will try to remember and work harder. I took more shots this morning and when I get home, I realized I made various mistakes while shooting. I guess when you are there, you are so engrossed you forgotten lots of theory. :bsmilie:

Write down on a note pad and refer to it next time. Shooting flowers already so engrossed and forgetful, what happen next time shoot models. :bsmilie:

hi, no one's perfect. shoot more and it'll become second nature to you.
:thumbsup: