Hi....

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSY said:
erm.. but dun think i will wana get 2nd hand stuff leh... :(

What's wrong with 2nd hand?

IMHO, if you're on a budget, getting a 2nd hand consumer camera is a good start. And since you mentioned that you're a newbie, you might wanna try your hands playing around for a while, understanding your needs and whether you are into photography before deciding to go for something needing more investment.

You can sell off the camera when you intend to upgrade or just keep it as a spare. If you get a good deal, you probably won't lose much. Imagine buying it new and finding out it doesn't fit you and then selling it off....... that way you lose more.

Dun rush, think about it.

Hope it helps :D

HelmetBox said:
What's wrong with 2nd hand?

IMHO, if you're on a budget, getting a 2nd hand consumer camera is a good start. And since you mentioned that you're a newbie, you might wanna try your hands playing around for a while, understanding your needs and whether you are into photography before deciding to go for something needing more investment.

You can sell off the camera when you intend to upgrade or just keep it as a spare. If you get a good deal, you probably won't lose much. Imagine buying it new and finding out it doesn't fit you and then selling it off....... that way you lose more.

Dun rush, think about it.

Hope it helps :D
thanks.. actually .. the reason y i dun wan 2nd hand ones is cos... i dun trust.. y sell the camera if is really in a good condition.. i mean.. i know that not everyone is that "black heart" to sell bad stuff.. but i juz cant cross this phycology barrier.. :dunno:

HSY said:
thanks.. actually .. the reason y i dun wan 2nd hand ones is cos... i dun trust.. y sell the camera if is really in a good condition.. i mean.. i know that not everyone is that "black heart" to sell bad stuff.. but i juz cant cross this phycology barrier.. :dunno:

I do agree that there are some bad sellers. This is why many prefer to pay a bit more for camera's still under warranty etc. There are too, people who are upgrading or bought the wrong model or have their reasons for selling rather than because of product flaws....... I guess for the savings, its just a risk one has to take.

If he's considering the A80, it doesn't sound to me like he's on a budget. :)

wheek said:
If he's considering the A80, it doesn't sound to me like he's on a budget. :)

if he's not on a budget, he'll be considering the G5 or 300D. :D heheheee....... Who doesn't want to save some money? can use it on more accessories!

In the end of the day it's his decision. Whatever it is, wish him all the best! Enjoy taking more photos!

:D

HelmetBox said:
if he's not on a budget, he'll be considering the G5 or 300D. :D heheheee....... Who doesn't want to save some money? can use it on more accessories!

In the end of the day it's his decision. Whatever it is, wish him all the best! Enjoy taking more photos!

:D
Different ppl, different finances. For me, a $800 budget means the person is not on a budget liao. To me $400 to $500 is for someone on a budget. :D

hmm... a fren... advise me... if not in a hurry.. dun get it so fast wor... wait for exhibition.. anyway, if i not using it now, might as well leave it in the shop shelve... then i think think think... like got sense.. like one of a member here, also got advise me to get fr exhibition instead. Very luan!!! :sweat:

HSY said:
hmm... a fren... advise me... if not in a hurry.. dun get it so fast wor... wait for exhibition.. anyway, if i not using it now, might as well leave it in the shop shelve... then i think think think... like got sense.. like one of a member here, also got advise me to get fr exhibition instead. Very luan!!! :sweat:
That member would be me. :bsmilie: Oh yes, that Aiptek camera u were originally considering, it had 3.1 Interpolated Mpixels as opposed to 3.1 optical Mpixels. Go to http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/scantek.htm#interp to find out why interpolated sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.