HI, what aperture to use??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pang-Jio Man

Aug 22, 2007
when you all have your external flash on??

i find that when i use maximum aperture e.g f2.8 with my external flash.. all i get if overblown photos..

but when i changed to f8. it turns out quite nicely. i wan to learn a bit more abt aperture with flash but cant seem to find much.

is there a good book or some more experience photogs here can help ??

how do you know what aperture is best with flash (TTL) on>??

thanks si fus///

when you all have your external flash on??

i find that when i use maximum aperture e.g f2.8 with my external flash.. all i get if overblown photos..

but when i changed to f8. it turns out quite nicely. i wan to learn a bit more abt aperture with flash but cant seem to find much.

is there a good book or some more experience photogs here can help ??

how do you know what aperture is best with flash (TTL) on>??

thanks si fus///

Depends on the shooting mode you're in as well as wat was the minimum shutter speed avail for usage. Generally, you're shooting with 1/60 and if you do not compensate the flash ev, you may get blown subjects when you're too close to the subject.

You need to understand how the flash is going to illuminate the subject and whether it is going to be used as the main light or a fill light just to prevent shadows.

I shoot with variable apertures and will tune the flash ev accordingly to get the picture effect I want with each aperture setting.

Test them out slowly with a still subject and you'll learn better with more experimentation.

I forgot how this site landed in my bookmarks but I think it's an excellent resource to learn about flash photography. Back then it had changed my opinion on using flash for phototaking; I used to be those anti-flash zealots until I saw what flash could do for you when executed right. I hope it does the same for you. =)

http://planetneil.com/tangents/

Take note of the sync speed. Sometime you just have to use big aperture in bright day light. Turn high speed sync on. Available on higher end flash

Status
Not open for further replies.