Hi - wedding and portrait photographer from England

bramley007

Mar 10, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm a wedding and portrait photographer from Cheltenham :)

Looking forward to joining in here.

Dave

Hi welcome to the club :)

Hi Dave

welcome to CS! pretty new here too.. nice work btw!

Hi Dave, welcome to CS! :)

Really like your works.. :thumbsup:

Hello Dave, welcome :)

How's the wedding market down in the southwest? ^.^

Weleome to CS:)

Welcome to Clubsnap, Dave! :)

You are currently based in the United Kingdom?

What a nice welcome :) Cheers for the comments everyone.

Zerocoolastra: Yes I'm a wedding and portrait tog based in Cheltenham - always been based in England tbh.

Jed: Well, my last website had no end of problems and to cut a long story short it became invisible to the outside world last summer so whilst I was busy enough last year, bookings are down quite a lot this year :(. I have a mate who's also a local wedding tog and he's doing very well still so there is business out there, just a shame I've missed a big slice of it this year. Still, the new website is doing much better on search engines so things are looking up. How's things in your neck of the woods?

You should make the URL in your signature to be a hyperlink, so others can simply mouse-over and click on it to access your website.
Though CS is primarily a singaporean photography forum, who knows? ;) You might get some business going your way! :)

Jed: Well, my last website had no end of problems and to cut a long story short it became invisible to the outside world last summer so whilst I was busy enough last year, bookings are down quite a lot this year :(. I have a mate who's also a local wedding tog and he's doing very well still so there is business out there, just a shame I've missed a big slice of it this year. Still, the new website is doing much better on search engines so things are looking up. How's things in your neck of the woods?

Don't know, I'm just getting up and running as a mainly full time wedding snapper; used to do a lot more of other sorts before. So it's still early days, I'm finding at the moment I'm hitting more budget conscious clients than the target sector I'm more keen on. Possibly being based in the north east and making very sweeping generalisations about affluence levels, my locale isn't helping.

Would love to get my SEO up, I think in the long run this could be massive, more so than other forms of publicity/advertising.

Any gurus out there wanna help? ;p

Don't know, I'm just getting up and running as a mainly full time wedding snapper; used to do a lot more of other sorts before. So it's still early days, I'm finding at the moment I'm hitting more budget conscious clients than the target sector I'm more keen on. Possibly being based in the north east and making very sweeping generalisations about affluence levels, my locale isn't helping.

Would love to get my SEO up, I think in the long run this could be massive, more so than other forms of publicity/advertising.

Any gurus out there wanna help? ;p

I can confidently recommend you get hold of Photoshelter's guide to SEO for photographers. It's working for me! Although from the initial jump up to page 2 on the search terms I've optimised, subsequent improvements in ranking happen a bit slower. It IS working though. I was coming close last year to paying a fair bit of money to an SEO company as I didn't understand it all, and I couldn't be bothered to invest my time in becoming an expert. Although I can't really say I am an expert now, I've learnt a lot and I can see results from it, and continue to see improvements every week.

I do a few things each week to try and generate backlinks across the web - it's important to maintain effort on SEO IMO.

:)