Hi people. I'm new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

just2ofus

Jan 5, 2009
Sengkang
Hello to all! Not entirely new to photography though but new to getting a dslr.

I'm hoping to get 1 to start with and most probably getting a 2nd hand one. But i am not sure which one to start with.

Been told that a D40 would be a great camera for beginning dslr users. However i'm very into macro shots and was told that a D80 would be an ideal dslr as it can fit more lenses than a D40.
Is that true?

As for budget, i'm willing to pay more for a D80 to last me in the long run.

Thanks for viewing and ya, Hi!

i would say go for the D80 or even the D90,
as some lens wont AF with the D40. unless u are fine with MF

i would say go for the D80 or even the D90,
as some lens wont AF with the D40. unless u are fine with MF

Hey thanks. But will MF make and difference with AF? As in quality of a picture.

if u are able to MF correctly it'll be as good or even better than AF, though Nikon is good in their AF segment.

Do take into consideration the size and build of the D40 vs D80/D90.

Try them out in the shops and see which feels better for you.
Function and quality wise the D80/D90 would definitely be better than the D40.

Go for the D80. And even though a lot of users MF for macro shots, I am one of those who AF... lazy man's way, plus I dun like to use tripod... I shoot on the go with a SB-800 for illumination....

Hello to all! Not entirely new to photography though but new to getting a dslr.

I'm hoping to get 1 to start with and most probably getting a 2nd hand one. But i am not sure which one to start with.

Been told that a D40 would be a great camera for beginning dslr users. However i'm very into macro shots and was told that a D80 would be an ideal dslr as it can fit more lenses than a D40.
Is that true?

As for budget, i'm willing to pay more for a D80 to last me in the long run.

Thanks for viewing and ya, Hi!
As long it has an inbuilt focusing motor, you are good to go.

Thanks for all the replies!

But after doing a little bit of maths, i figured out that getting a D80 can cost up to 1k+.
Most people are selling the body only which may cost 700-900. And if i were to get a lens at about 200+.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.