Hi newbie here!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

@Daredevil: thanks for recommending the links. will definitely check them out.

I was figuring out the 550D last night and can already feel it is a real gem.
But was reading the manual last night and for a moment thought I was reading Spanish :sweatsm:. So many terminologies to understand. Woohoo!!

Would go for the free Canon training soon so I can start becoming trigger happy. :lovegrin:

Read up on the camera basics link. Easy to understand with lots of pictures and examples. ;)

And you're welcome.

Welcome

For terminologies , sure google and wikipedia, can help you to understand ;)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

@Daredevil: thanks for recommending the links. will definitely check them out.

I was figuring out the 550D last night and can already feel it is a real gem.
But was reading the manual last night and for a moment thought I was reading Spanish :sweatsm:. So many terminologies to understand. Woohoo!!

Would go for the free Canon training soon so I can start becoming trigger happy. :lovegrin:

congrats on ur purchase!! :D haha.. same thing happened to me a few months back.. but ClubSnap's really the best place to look for more knowledge in photography.. i haven attended the free canon training yet.. but will be checking it out soon.. :p anyway it's free :embrass:

caiyan, welcome to CS ..I am new also and infact very new..I just got my Canon 550 camera and this is a great camera. Go for it...

hihi! newbie here too! i too got my 550D from comex yesterday!! ;p

caiyan, have u signed up for the free class from canon? i signed up for coming tues! hehe!

caiyan, have u signed up for the free class from canon? i signed up for coming tues! hehe!

:eek: coming tues a.k.a. 7 Sept?? 2-4pm session???????

no leh. need to work in the day! going for 7-9 session!
anyone going??? can go tgt! next time go outing tgt also!! hehehe

no leh. need to work in the day! going for 7-9 session!
anyone going??? can go tgt! next time go outing tgt also!! hehehe

:( ooh.. i tot if 2-4pm de we can attend it tgt.. haha..
anyway, hope we both gain smth from tat session ;)

oh my another one buying from COMEX~!

okie, nevermind, forget about the price.. just enjoy ur shooting...

oh my another one buying from COMEX~!

okie, nevermind, forget about the price.. just enjoy ur shooting...

maybe we should have a big flashing reminder "DON'T BUY FROM COMEX" in the welcome letter for every newbie just joined CS!!! ;p ;p ;p

Have lots of fun with your new toy, caiyan! 2 minds are certainly better than one but don't be caught in 2 mind though!!! :bsmilie:

Hahaha.. just went to MS colour at AMK today and bought new lens, UV filter and blower. Hole in the pocket getting bigger but feeling happier.

sorry this is kinda late to post but never the less, welcome anf gxgx on your new cam

Paiseh very suaku. What is BBB??

BBB ... hahahaha i should have known the meaning... afterall I am an RT queen ... ;)

I guess the need for new toys is always so powerful...;)

I agree! I was almost a BBB "victim" if not for my little boy.. (milk powder & ect saved me) haha.. and after that i learned to do lots of research before buying any stuff and what 'type' of photography i want to head to first (like doing more portrait, landscape or street) before i buy anything as i do not want to spend lots of $$ (and i don't have must spare cash) to have everything and do little of everything, i rather go 'step by step'.. Well, just sharing my thoughts. Hope i don't offend anyone. :D

I got my 500D about a year ago and from a newbie point of view, the 500/550D is a good transition from PnS to DSLRs as the interface and buttons are quite similar. :)

I agree! I was almost a BBB "victim" if not for my little boy.. (milk powder & ect saved me) haha.. and after that i learned to do lots of research before buying any stuff and what 'type' of photography i want to head to first (like doing more portrait, landscape or street) before i buy anything as i do not want to spend lots of $$ (and i don't have must spare cash) to have everything and do little of everything, i rather go 'step by step'.. Well, just sharing my thoughts. Hope i don't offend anyone. :D

I got my 500D about a year ago and from a newbie point of view, the 500/550D is a good transition from PnS to DSLRs as the interface and buttons are quite similar. :)

I was thinking of getting the 550D too, nearly gave in during the comex, but in the end didn't cause no time to go down a 2nd time. Therefore still doing alot of reading up in the clubsnap forum to make sure that when i buy i will be very happy with it and enjoy it thoroughly! :thumbsup: