Hi.looking for a DSLR to start with. New in photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dun start too big... get a basic model first and play with it....
preferably one that has the different mode dials....

the D300 and D700 does not have those mode dials like night shots and sports etc...
NOT a way for someone to start photography...

At least I got someone talking! LOL
Rather than just the same ole boring "Do your research", "Know what you want", "Know Your budget" stuff! :blah:

Expecting flame! :devil:
:rbounce:

You serious?
I don't recommend either of those for beginners who may change their minds on photography after awhile.

As the rest have recommended, any entry dSLR will do as a starting point.
Be sure to do your homework and find out which brand/camera/system has the features that you want.

If your interest still remains (or hopefully deepens) after your foray into photography, then you can consider getting something better (not the other way around).

PS: But I have to agree, the D90 is a good camera if budget is not an issue for you.

saw the D700... really looks like a gem to me... i dnt mind starting with one... hee.. but i now playing with 10D from canon... good enough for me still...

saw the D700... really looks like a gem to me... i dnt mind starting with one... hee.. but i now playing with 10D from canon... good enough for me still...

Agree. D700...;p
Basically 2 types of people lah:
- One type buys the cheapest and then get upgrades sooner.
- The other type buys the best given available resources and use it for a long time.

Hmm, wat i can suggest to u is tat ask urself wat specs u need for the camera. If u r one who always bring ur slr around everywhere u go i suggest tat u shd get a slr with smaller body (even though slr are all quite bulky) and with ur tight budget i think u can get 2nd slr to play with and try out. Let's say u feel tat slr is not ur type or u wanted to upgrade it u can resell it and get a better one.

Status
Not open for further replies.