Hi Im new

Status
Not open for further replies.
u mean a normal camera can load slides instead of films?

I don't get what you mean here.

Anyway, here goes:

To standardise: one bulk roll of 30 metres (100 feet) of film will be called a canister and the smaller one that you load in your camera will be a roll.

1) Buy the canister
2) Get a bulk loader (can borrow or buy at 75 bucks in Ruby Photo - comes with empty rolls or get empty rolls from labs).
3) use a dark place to load the canister film into the bulk loader
4) load the film into rolls.

For slides: one roll of provia 100F is 8.80 or 9 bucks on the market, bulk loading is about 5 bucks (slightly less) per roll. Saves 4 bucks per roll lah.

Print film is 3 something on the market but the catch is processing print films to print is more than slide film to slides(4+4 refer to the other long thing).

Once you get the roll which looks like the roll you buy from the shop, just load into your camera and shoot lah.

Again, please be pro-active, all this info is in the forum, please do go and read the threads and learn! :)

I think stating your budget will help ... just throw any amount and we will see what can be suitable ...

Originally posted by eug
I think stating your budget will help ... just throw any amount and we will see what can be suitable ...

i have 800 in all in the bank
havent exclude meals and living expenses
but got give tuition to survive
heehee

Why dun U save up abit more 1st?
I wouldn't recommend spending all Ur savings on photography....
U never know when an emergency may arise.....
Some getting a camera (may it be digital or film) will have hidden costs.....

Okay ... get a EOS500N or 300 body with a Tamron 28-200 XR.

All second-hand ... should cost you no more than $500...

Even cheaper ... get a EOS500N and a EF50mmf/1.8 ... should cost less than $300

Some getting a camera (may it be digital or film) will have hidden costs.....

Yup, either medium will have hidden cost ... make do with a cheap compact camera first ...

hmmm in that case i shall save up first and get something that i wont find the need to upgrade...bcos if buy and then sell and then buy another cost much more leh

hmmm in that case i shall save up first and get something that i wont find the need to upgrade...bcos if buy and then sell and then buy another cost much more leh

Yup, you must be able to cultivate the interest too ... to buy once without upgrading ... is only possible if you are willing to sink in an initial investment of more than $2K. Just a rough estimate ...

Originally posted by eug
Yup, you must be able to cultivate the interest too ... to buy once without upgrading ... is only possible if you are willing to sink in an initial investment of more than $2K. Just a rough estimate ...

hmmm my initial intention is to get a not so ex body 1st...then slowly save up and buy item by item...yar
like i was thinking of NIkon manual..think 2nd hand maybe 500+?

izt manual film??

It is an auto camera with manual overide ... I suggest you borrow a book from the library on basic photography ... if I explain everything by posting here ... I might as well publish a book on this forum ... ;p

I think the links I posted up earlier for newbies should have something ...

Originally posted by cherry
Hi all, Im cherry New in this forum as well as new in photography. Very interested in photography and hope to learn more technical things from you seniors.
:gbounce:

Sketch book plus pencil....go sketch the things you find beautiful, it's an inexpensive way to learn how to express your ideas and how to compose pictures.

regards
andrew

You can check out Minolta's Dynax 3, 4 or 5. They are SLR which are listed in ascending price and features. The Dynax cameras are always very competitively priced (can see the photo magazines in the library to see for yourself, compared to similar range of cameras from Nikon and Canon).

Then again, Minolta is not as popular as Nikon and Canon, so you'll feel like a Mac user amongst all the Windows user.

Originally posted by cherry
hi r u saying the cannon eos 300v?
hi there,
I'm using EOS 300 which I'm using film. I brought it from one of the shop over there at pennsula plaza and cost me $560 and include GST

Joe

Sketch book plus pencil....go sketch the things you find beautiful, it's an inexpensive way to learn how to express your ideas and how to compose pictures.

:thumbsup:

I'm using EOS 300 which I'm using film. I brought it from one of the shop over there at pennsula plaza and cost me $560 and include GST

300 or 300v ?

Well, you don't really need to buy a light box. you can easily make one with a couple of flourecent tubes, white opaque plastic sheet and a wooden box.

As for a loupe, if you've got a 50mm prime lens, flip it over, and hey presto, you have your loupe.

:D

Cherry,

Welcome to ClubSnap :)

I do hope you don't find all the 'help' from others overwhelming, it's a good idea to take things slow, do lots of research and take what many here post with a large grain of salt as many are still at the 'my brand' is best level of knowledge :devil:

cherry, in all honesty, every1 will have their own opinion about what cam to get, what to get, which accessories to buy.

my 2 cents - nothing beats some hands-on experience. come on down to SEED... chances are there will be something of everything for you to try. i'll bring my nikon manual with a 50mm prime down for you to try if you'd like, and i'm sure i can dig up some other beginner-level SLR for you to get a feel of... :D

oops i see you've already signed up for my Newbie Table... i'll see you there then! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.