Hi-Fi Kakis

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

YBA Integre DT! i always wanted to get that but......sigh... haha... I had a Triangle Zephyr before too, from Norman Audio, and after than i was always at Norman Audio listening to stuffs like YBA & SimAudio, Martin Logan...cool...but all too exp for me! haha....

Terence said:
I used to be a hi-fi enthusiast before giving up a couple of years back. Am quite happy with my current setup now although I could use a new set of speakers. I had a cheapo Triangle Zephyr II which blew away the Martin Logans.

Amp: YBA Integre DT

CD: YBA CD Integre

Speakers: Martin Logan Aerius II

yo MRH,

yup..must meet up...but it will have to wait till next Dec 05..haha...me in US now...so in the meanwhile we will chit-chat in CS and drool at others hifi eqpt!!

all this postings making me itchy all over manz!!!

MRH said:
Aiyah! Whoelse.Why post photo also.Make my saliva dripping again,man.
Anyway I gave up for good.For those who still on hifi,just listen and enjoy the music.

Plinius-yeah,maybe one day meet up for coffee/makan and chit-chat.
Sometimes I miss the old story and good to have someone who has the same hobby and refresh our minds of something we've been through...good and bad.And maybe can bring our camera and shoot-shoot whatever we can.Don't care about camera lah...hi end or lo end just shoot only.

I can see people with similar hobby comin'.
Keep on coming...

See ya.

Ayoh ! the hi-fi bug definitely still there.
Musical Fidelity A3.2 pre and power, A308CR Cd, Wilson benesch Arc speakers, transparent cables....
So sweet to my ears, ;p so hard on my wallet ! :eek:
Cheers,

plinius said:
hi,

YBA Integre DT! i always wanted to get that but......sigh... haha... I had a Triangle Zephyr before too, from Norman Audio, and after than i was always at Norman Audio listening to stuffs like YBA & SimAudio, Martin Logan...cool...but all too exp for me! haha....

You can guess I got my gear from Norman Audio too. Damnit, they made the place so comfortable that one could not help but plop one's ass on their couch and blast their amps away. Thank goodness they don't make camera stores like that else I'd have everything Canon ever made.

Terence said:
You can guess I got my gear from Norman Audio too. Damnit, they made the place so comfortable that one could not help but plop one's ass on their couch and blast their amps away. Thank goodness they don't make camera stores like that else I'd have everything Canon ever made.

Hehe, got to agree with u, Norman Audio's so comfortable and conducive. ;)

:bigeyes:

Wilson Benesch Arc!

:thumbsup:

unforgetable after i listened to it once during the hifi show...

Ah Tiong said:
Ayoh ! the hi-fi bug definitely still there.
Musical Fidelity A3.2 pre and power, A308CR Cd, Wilson benesch Arc speakers, transparent cables....
So sweet to my ears, ;p so hard on my wallet ! :eek:
Cheers,

dun forget the coffee machine that serve nice kopi to go along with nice music....haha.....

AJ23 said:
Hehe, got to agree with u, Norman Audio's so comfortable and conducive. ;)

plinius said:
dun forget the coffee machine that serve nice kopi to go along with nice music....haha.....

Yes, that too. :)

Think recently they've re-arranged the setup, more stuff to play (and listen). ;)

Ok .. you guys are scary ... really high end stuff ...

Mine's only a Adcom pre power with a pair of studio monitors ...

Let me check my arsenal,

Korsun V8i Integrated
Wadia 861 CDP
dCS 972 DDC
PS Audio Power Director
Dynaudio Contour 1.3SE
All NBS Statement cables

Yep! Fun to just plonk yourself down on a comfy sofa at Norman Audio and just listen away. Haven't been there for some time already.

AJ23 said:
Let me check my arsenal,

Korsun V8i Integrated
Wadia 861 CDP
dCS 972 DDC
PS Audio Power Director
Dynaudio Contour 1.3SE
All NBS Statement cables
oh ya, still havent listen to your setup yet. wanna AB your DAC with raptor's DAC leh..... ;p

Still miss my best system I used to own:-

Zenn Audio Pre and Power tube amps(..can't remember the model liao).
Q tube CD Player(Made In Thailand-OEM of California Audio Labs).
Rega Planar 3 Turntable.
Alon II speakers.
Spik cable:Sonic Art silver.
Interconnects and power cords:el cheapo and diy(...Belden).
If not for the house move,I should've kept them :cry:

Now listening music with the Panasonic Midi Home Theatre system...haha!
Not fussy anymore lah.

Cheers.

haha.....MRH...think of makin a come back?

the other day i was listening to Tutti!!! from my miserable mp3 player ... really made me missed my hifi setup and got this sudden 'urge' to go back to hifi!!! haha..............

now i am makin a plan for my comeback when i rtu next year! haha....start saving now! come MRH join me!!! haha..........

hmmm.....how abt Dynaudio Floorstander as the spiks?

:think:

MRH said:
Still miss my best system I used to own:-

Zenn Audio Pre and Power tube amps(..can't remember the model liao).
Q tube CD Player(Made In Thailand-OEM of California Audio Labs).
Rega Planar 3 Turntable.
Alon II speakers.
Spik cable:Sonic Art silver.
Interconnects and power cords:el cheapo and diy(...Belden).
If not for the house move,I should've kept them :cry:

Now listening music with the Panasonic Midi Home Theatre system...haha!
Not fussy anymore lah.

Cheers.

plinius said:
haha.....MRH...think of makin a come back?

the other day i was listening to Tutti!!! from my miserable mp3 player ... really made me missed my hifi setup and got this sudden 'urge' to go back to hifi!!! haha..............

now i am makin a plan for my comeback when i rtu next year! haha....start saving now! come MRH join me!!! haha..........

:think:

Hahaha...Plinius.you're trying to make the 2 horns on top of my head come out, rite.You go ahead with your comeback,man.Not me.
Why Dynaudio?.I always try to avoid it after I owned the Contour 1.1.Power greedy speakers....you know wat I mean.
If(.......I mean 'if') I want to comeback,maybe...yes maybe....I'll get a Mini Houston tube int. amp with a decent CD Player and a nice and easy small spiks to play with.....and I mean...'if'......waaahhh...horns start to come out liao. :devil:

haha....i help u apply XO on your head (hope horns grow instead of HAIR!)...

Why Dynaudio? hmm...guess it is kind of a craving thingie, never owned a pair of dyn before.....

haha..actually just trying wild suggestions, it could be Proac next, or even Ruark....haha.....if come back will get everything USED! save $$$$$$

MRH said:
Hahaha...Plinius.you're trying to make the 2 horns on top of my head come out, rite.You go ahead with your comeback,man.Not me.
Why Dynaudio?.I always try to avoid it after I owned the Contour 1.1.Power greedy speakers....you know wat I mean.
If(.......I mean 'if') I want to comeback,maybe...yes maybe....I'll get a Mini Houston tube int. amp with a decent CD Player and a nice and easy small spiks to play with.....and I mean...'if'......waaahhh...horns start to come out liao. :devil:

plinius said:
haha....i help u apply XO on your head (hope horns grow instead of HAIR!)...

Why Dynaudio? hmm...guess it is kind of a craving thingie, never owned a pair of dyn before.....

haha..actually just trying wild suggestions, it could be Proac next, or even Ruark....haha.....if come back will get everything USED! save $$$$$$

Aha! Keep on trying,mate.
Guess you'll come back for sure...
...and don't think too much,else you'll lose more hair instead of horns...
haha! :D

plinius said:

The new Dynaudio speakers is good. Especially after the Contour 1.3SE, the new Contour series and the Confidence series, top notch. :thumbsup: :heart:

wah, so many Triangle owners. I have a pair of Zephyrs which I bought before Norman took over the agency :)

hhaa....AJ23...i wished i could afford those....too badz...i am lookin for Audience series leh

AJ23 said:
The new Dynaudio speakers is good. Especially after the Contour 1.3SE, the new Contour series and the Confidence series, top notch. :thumbsup: :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.