help

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsoong

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
okay....i cannot bear it anymore....

issit just my D700 or do any of you find that the colours coming from the LCD screen seems more palour than the actual scene in outdoors?

metering is accurate...but somehow the colours coming out are kinda slightly washed out.

Is there some settings that i need to do to the body ? or is this purely due to the lens ?

okay....i cannot bear it anymore....

issit just my D700 or do any of you find that the colours coming from the LCD screen seems more palour than the actual scene in outdoors?

metering is accurate...but somehow the colours coming out are kinda slightly washed out.

Is there some settings that i need to do to the body ? or is this purely due to the lens ?

My experience is the opposite. LCD seems more vibrant than both actual scene and the actual image file too.

My experience is the opposite. LCD seems more vibrant than both actual scene and the actual image file too.

REALLY?!?!?!?!?

.....dun tell me my D700 LCD is cuckoo .....:(

So far indoor shots and under tungsten lighting is okay and great...

but when i shoot outdoors.......it somehow displays a rather muted/washed out colours......

i'm wondering if it has anything to do with the lens......

Ansel, did u do any tweaking to the settings like Vivid or something?

REALLY?!?!?!?!?

.....dun tell me my D700 LCD is cuckoo .....:(

So far indoor shots and under tungsten lighting is okay and great...

but when i shoot outdoors.......it somehow displays a rather muted/washed out colours......

i'm wondering if it has anything to do with the lens......

Ansel, did u do any tweaking to the settings like Vivid or something?

I do play with the vivid a lot, but in anycase the LCD is always more vibrant. But I am sure you are aware that under bright outdoor conditions, the LCD is usually not bright enough to see properly anyway. Try playing withe the LCD brightness control and see if it helps.

+1 on that for me as well..

hmmm.....

Does it matter that i am shooting Raw?

the brightness of the LCD is not an issue.....but its the colours that look like "washed out" and kinda not so vivid/vibrant.....

like SUN FLOWER yellows....should be SUN FLOWER yellows and not look like erm.....Post It note Yellows.... (just an example of what i mean by kinda subdued colours)

this is really intriguing.....

hmmm.....

Does it matter that i am shooting Raw?

the brightness of the LCD is not an issue.....but its the colours that look like "washed out" and kinda not so vivid/vibrant.....

like SUN FLOWER yellows....should be SUN FLOWER yellows and not look like erm.....Post It note Yellows.... (just an example of what i mean by kinda subdued colours)

this is really intriguing.....

I get the idea. RAW is not the issue, mine is almost always on raw. Maybe your brightness is pumped up too high? Try lowering the brightness.

Status
Not open for further replies.