Help wanted: Tri-X rated at EI1600 with D76

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaeSiuM

Dec 22, 2002
Singapore, Bedok
www.paintingmoments.com
Help needed from the darkroom gurus! I have a roll of Tri-X 400 rated at 1600 and intend to develop it with D76 1+1. Does anyone know what is a good timing to develop it in room temperature? Thanks in advance. ;)

P.S. This is the newer Tri-X btw.

i've tried tri-x rated at iso3200 n process it with 80F D-76(working solution....not 1+1) for 8 minutes and had very good result n contrast. hope this would help :think:

CaeSiuM said:
Help needed from the darkroom gurus! I have a roll of Tri-X 400 rated at 1600 and intend to develop it with D76 1+1. Does anyone know what is a good timing to develop it in room temperature? Thanks in advance. ;)

P.S. This is the newer Tri-X btw.

Try 7min D76 1+1 @ 27 degrees

Make sure u meter the shadow area, else u get very patchy shadow areas w/o details...

canturn said:
Try 7min D76 1+1 @ 27 degrees

Make sure u meter the shadow area, else u get very patchy shadow areas w/o details...

Thanks canturn and trevor! Just another question, how often do you agitate the tank? ;) Thanks in advance!

canturn said:
Two inversions every 30 sec.

I would suggest you to develope for 13.25min at 20C, for a condenser enlarger. I think you will need some ice water in a bucket to keep the temp at 20C. Developing at 27C, you will get lumpy and uneven grains. If grain is not a problem to you, then go on developing at 27C but I personally would develope it at 20C.

One inversion every 30sec is enough. The more you inverse the more contasty the neg will get. You will have the risk of burned highlights if you inverse too much.

Good luck!! ;)

See if you can get HC-110. I've always found it much more suitable for push processing. I've regularly shot Delta 400 at 1600 and pushed with HC-110, very nice results. With HC-110 dil-A you'll have to process for a much shorter time compared to D76.

I decided to play safe and cool the developer down to 20 degree celsius. and develop for 13m 15s. The thing is, I didn't cool the fixer down to 20 degree celsius also. I was just wondering if there are any adverse effect or it wouldn't matter if the film is fixed long enough. The result looked pretty ok to me. Here are some of the scans. Auto levelled after scanning

b&w_01.jpg

b&w_02.jpg

b&w_03.jpg

hmm

you've got good results ;)

2 and 3 are nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.