Help School Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, it sounds interesting, 4 short clips instead, care to share how you did it? The only idea I got when i recieved this project was to flim a short "show", with a story. Four clips, one for one place? Two days? Information intensive?

Yes, 4 shorts, one for each place. We filmed it using 3 PD170s using two weeks. Editing was done on Final Cut Pro (which took another two weeks). Not too much information, because of the limited time. We had voice-overs too.

Well Polys have lots of money to splash. 3 Cams are a luxury most schools will not spend especially, prosumer cams that cost about $4k each. Not to mentioned FCP about $1k.

Even if the schools goes for 3CCD cams it will have to cost below $2k. I know because of some of my consultancy work with some of the schools to help beef up their A/V dept.

So lets be practical maybe WANHJB can look around and ask some production houses to do a charity work and help them out. You can PM if you like and I will discuss with my partner to see what we can do to help.

What I meant was that although we used more expensive equipment, what has been recorded has already been recorded. But keeping it short is far easier for students, because longer videos are even more difficult. It can get boring for the audience if done poorly.

So reading up at the national libraries about film editing techniques would help. The storyline is really important, and the transitions between them are too. Alternatively, reading the cinematography books (on documentary production) at PageOne at Vivocity would be good too.

Aiming at a 1/2 hour video wouldn't be advisable, even for most poly students.

hi dude.. i m a sch goin teen .. yea.. been doing film makking video editing for 4-5 yrs le..

u i strongli recommend pinnacle studio for a start.. if u haf cash taht is.. now they having 20th aniversary celebration .. u can check out at pinnaclesys.com..

alternatively.. if u haf budget. try adobe premiere .. the industry standard.. well.. sorta.. for digital non-linear.. it s gd.. yea..

if u haf even lower budget. approach ulead dealers.. ask for educational price of the media studio pro.. the other versions for schs arh.. very cheap.. yea..

if u haf virtuali NO budget.. wmm shld do gd.. thot imovie if u haf a mac.. would be gd too ye..

gd luck dude.. and haf fun editing.. i juz finished my us trip video for sch.. well.. for such videos arh.. recommend u edit it like a ''diary-style'' i.e. all the jokes etc. and interesting happenings.. cut down on super long segments of looking at scenary.. spare ur audience yea..

Status
Not open for further replies.