Help needed for location of quirky and retro places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a large open white wall with enough space to take a wide shot and with no traffic nor security, pretty darn hard i would say. :)

besides, sharing is caring.

Don't think it is hard. Any warehouse or multi storey carpark area will do.

There are no bad photographers just lazy ones.

jesus! all i wanted was a large white wall. the places i scouted the walls werent wide enough or had other things obstructing them. in the case of MSCP, there wasnt enough space between the wall, the vehicle and the camera. and there always be things like kerb and stuff that obstructs the vehicle from being able to maneuver around.

besides, why u guys so hard on the newbies forum? pardon my questions if they seem stupid. thought it was the right channel to ask. as they say, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. cheers.

Old Changi Hospital is already off-limits, and has been for some time. motion detectors and cameras are all over the place

Read in news, wasnt it bought over and planned for a hotel?

Just a foot note:

RED Brick walls - Toa payoh industrial park
drove pass this area the other day and the walls are clean of debris, with a standard pavement by the side and plenty of parking and space around it. ;)

White wall - Esplande walk way underground linking the citylink to esplande.
noticed they have white paper all over the glass window where they occasionally change contents. the paper are probablyy just there for a short period of time in between the changing.

jesus! all i wanted was a large white wall. the places i scouted the walls werent wide enough or had other things obstructing them. in the case of MSCP, there wasnt enough space between the wall, the vehicle and the camera. and there always be things like kerb and stuff that obstructs the vehicle from being able to maneuver around.

besides, why u guys so hard on the newbies forum? pardon my questions if they seem stupid. thought it was the right channel to ask. as they say, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. cheers.

If I can immediately identify at least 5 mscp off hand with wide white walls with no obstructions without even needing to think hard, I am not sure why you cannot go look for some when it is so easy to find. Newbie corner is here to answer questions newbies may have on photo taking and technical questions on gears. Not for to be a place for spoon feeding for locations. A photographer have to at least scout for locations for his/her personal shoots. That is one of the basic things a photographer needs to do.

We are here to help newbies to learn and improve, and people here give honest help to those seeking real help out of their own time for free. No one here owes any one anything, much less a person with an attitude like yours.

You are so damn right, this community is for sharing and learning.

may I ask, how much have you shared with others so far?

Spoonfeeding-of-information-because-a-person-cannot-be-bothered-to-get-off-his-lazy-arse =/= Sharing

And location scouting is not going onto a forum and asking people to give you information, it means you go out and find it on your own. And not once but TWICE. Your first time was chalked down to 'maybe he first time, we help a bit'. But when you asked the second time, it was quite obvious what your motives were.

Spoonfeeding-of-information-because-a-person-cannot-be-bothered-to-get-off-his-lazy-arse =/= Sharing

And location scouting is not going onto a forum and asking people to give you information, it means you go out and find it on your own. And not once but TWICE. Your first time was chalked down to 'maybe he first time, we help a bit'. But when you asked the second time, it was quite obvious what your motives were.

My motives were such because the first time i asked, no one mentioned that it wasnt okay to do so. so i thought that it was cool to do so. like i said before, pardon my ignorance regarding the forum culture should my questions offend you.

@Daredevil123, my tone was merely one of amusement and confusion. how did i manage to get this negative energy by asking questions? so was not trying to give attitude here. like i mentioned earlier as well, i DID try scouting for several locations but did not get what i wanted. hence my query.

Lastly, if people feel i should pull my weight, then here are some places that i have been around SG thats pretty nice and quirky:
Tuas lallang fields. (better than punggol lallang fields)
Petain road
Old tiong bahru area.
tanjong pagar railway station
On railway tracks @ by rifle range road.

Btw, these areas are accessible by bikes, meaning that theres enough space to navigate around for that perfect picture.
Bad vibes be gone now. Cheers.

My motives were such because the first time i asked, no one mentioned that it wasnt okay to do so. so i thought that it was cool to do so. like i said before, pardon my ignorance regarding the forum culture should my questions offend you.

@Daredevil123, my tone was merely one of amusement and confusion. how did i manage to get this negative energy by asking questions? so was not trying to give attitude here. like i mentioned earlier as well, i DID try scouting for several locations but did not get what i wanted. hence my query.

Lastly, if people feel i should pull my weight, then here are some places that i have been around SG thats pretty nice and quirky:
Tuas lallang fields. (better than punggol lallang fields)
Petain road
Old tiong bahru area.
tanjong pagar railway station
On railway tracks @ by rifle range road.

Btw, these areas are accessible by bikes, meaning that theres enough space to navigate around for that perfect picture.
Bad vibes be gone now. Cheers.

Whatever your tone be it amusement or confusion, it is past. I will give you the benefit of doubt and just attribute it to youth, lack of experience in dealing with people, and/or life experience or whatever. Please look for your own locations from now on. Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.