Help needed~!~! Faulty camera lens.

james021285

Mar 13, 2010
Please HELP~!~!~!~!~!

To all the bros and sis out there. I need help urgently. I got a canon 24-105 f4l lens and i had been using it for a while. warranty is over and recently i cant use it to take photo anymore and there is an error message. "Err 01 Communications between the camera and lens is faulty. Clean the lens contacts." What should i do? And how to clean the contacts? Other lens is ok. And if after cleaning it still doesn't work, what should i do?

Give csc a call later in the morning and they will advise you accordingly.

Meanwhile you can use some Google and try to make some sense out of the error code.

Oh and i just realized that it only occurs when i used auto focus mode. Other than that, it works fine in every configeration as long as i manually focus it.

Call CSC and see what they say. I could be something as simple as an internal cleaning.

Yes..call them up and ask whats the problem and how much isit if they were to fix it for you.

sounds like the cable for focusing mechanism is broken

i got the same problem...can someone let me know how much canon is charging on this kind of issue.

Cheers!

i got the same problem...can someone let me know how much canon is charging on this kind of issue.

Cheers!

not mistake,part s$54. service charge s$120 (reason it in L cat). it just for u info . actual cost get quote from csc.

paid 185 to fix my 24-105 with this err01 just 1month ago

Its a diaphragm problem

Thanks guys...need to spend some bucks again.

Cheers!

SoundOfSilence said:
paid 185 to fix my 24-105 with this err01 just 1month ago

Its a diaphragm problem

what a coincidence. i got mine repaired at csc last month too. at first they quoted 240. but the final price came to 185. looks like a common problem for this lens

what a coincidence. i got mine repaired at csc last month too. at first they quoted 240. but the final price came to 185. looks like a common problem for this lens

Thanks for the information, need to avoid this lens in the future.