Help: Need good recommedation of dentist who do Gum Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haze

Aug 16, 2005
Anyone have good recommendation for Dentist whom do Gum Treatment? Best is able to give good discount.

My dentist quoted me $600 for Gum Treatment (just for 3 tooth) subsequent Treatment will be $200 per session, either every 3 months Gum Treatment once or 6 months Gum Treatment. Continue until the Gum is 100% recover.

One of my front tooth suffering bone lost due to Gum problem, next monday have extract out and put a temporary denture. Haiz..

She told me, whole treatment with a implant tooth cost up to 5k. My god.
5k --> xray, extract, denture, gum cleaning for a few months then implant a tooth.

Now looking for Reliable Dentist whom charge cheaper.

If possible please email me haze_koh@yahoo.com.sg cuz office cannot access clubsnap.

I think if you get a referral from Polyclinic, then go to National Dental Centre, you will get a big subsidy. You may also be able to use your medisave? U need to check on this.
Private dental is always very expensive wan. I think your rates are quite the norm.

Hi Haze,

Hi,

I would suggest to do two things:

1) Get lucrative discount dental plans (I also have taken individual dental plans) and,
2) searching best dentists near your residence and get discounts on specialty services such as braces, and other dental equipment etc. It will help you to get rid of your dental maladies at astonishing rates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for polyclinic that is a place where a wide range of health care services and more affordable than private dental practice.

You can take help from dental free services and online guides available.

Go to Health promotion board.My bro is working as a dentist there.The dentist over there are students of The School Of Dentistry and are working for the goverenment for their subsidies in the school fees

From where you are? my personal advice dont think about money because your disease treatment is primary need not money. so always choose best dentistry.

Cheshire Dentist | Cheshire Implant Dentist

if want to save lotsa money, dont do in singapore. very expensive in SEA region. But honestly, do what needs to be done. spend a little more and forget about the problem when it is cured.

Your problem sounds serious. Suggest that you go to a good dentist instead of students or subsidised rates where the dentist treating you may also be undergoing training.

There are two things you need to look out for in searching for a doctor or dentist. Integrity and Skills. Integrity where the dentist love his profession and people before money. Skills where the dentist actually had done worked before on this specialized problem. Both unfortunately needs research and you need to ask around.

Thus if you are comfortable with your dentist, then pay for the treatment.

If not, Malaysia in the KL zone where they treat expatrites may also be an option. Some say that Malacca has good doctors and dentists too as their patients catchment is from Singaporeans and Indonesians.

All the best and the above are opinions only. You still need to do your own research.

You might also like to check if medisave can be used. Medisave is meant to help us pay for our bills. But some dentists take it as a license to increase the cost of treatment. So again shop around and shop well.

Status
Not open for further replies.