Help - My SM not compatible to 2100

Status
Not open for further replies.

siewsphone

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
After I use the SM for my Treak Crystal Player as an external storage, my camera keep giving me "CARD ERROR!".

I try to use my notebook (Toshiba Satellite 3000) SM reader to format it, now my notebook can read and write on it, but camera still refuse to use it as a storage and not allow format it.

Originally posted by taicw
Hi, have u tried inserting ur card into the 2100 and formatting it using the camera?

Yes..not working....The camera give me "CARD ERROR!!!"...

Nods, you could try what zapchit said.
There's some program u could try searching for -> SMprep.exe
Or some other 'remedies' are to insert it in and out a few times or wipe the contacts with a clean soft cloth. Some others say try formatting it in some other dig cam like Fuji cams.

Originally posted by taicw
Nods, you could try what zapchit said.
There's some program u could try searching for -> SMprep.exe
Or some other 'remedies' are to insert it in and out a few times or wipe the contacts with a clean soft cloth. Some others say try formatting it in some other dig cam like Fuji cams.

My card reader do not support SMprep.exe :cry:

I try to ask someone own Fujicams help me format....

Is that card empty?

What mode were you in when you go that CARD ERROR message?

Make sure you're not in preview mode (the one with the little left arrow) when the card's empty. Any other mode should be fine.

Originally posted by rochkoh
Is that card empty?

What mode were you in when you go that CARD ERROR message?

Make sure you're not in preview mode (the one with the little left arrow) when the card's empty. Any other mode should be fine.

When I on the camera, it will ask me want to format the card or not, if I choose yes, give me "CARD ERROR", else auto off the camera.

After I ask my friend use fujifilm 4800 help me format the card,
it can be read by the camera now, but no more panorama feature............

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by siewsphone
After I ask my friend use fujifilm 4800 help me format the card,
it can be read by the camera now, but no more panorama feature............

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Maybe can try to reformat your SM card again, this time using your camera? See if the panorama feature is still there?:dunno:

perhaps I can hazard 2 solutions to try:

1. Go use the panaroma hack given on a website with the ZIO reader or some other reader.

2. I think there are programs to do panaroma outside of Camedia Master....

Status
Not open for further replies.