Help me to choose a digital camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgeralds

Apr 2, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Hello everyone,

i would like to have some of ur thoughts & opinion on ways to solve my problem.

I have a coolpix990. I found out that cp990 is more prone to red-eye than most other digital cameras and this was confirmed when i read reviews in various forums. I love Cp990 except for the red-eye.

Earlier there were suggestions in this forum to use a bracket and an external flash unit to overcome the red-eye problem and also highlighted to me that this problem (red-eye) would be found in most digital cameras due to the closeness of the built-in flash and camers lens i.e lens and flash are closely located. As im a simple point and shoot user, i dont want the bulkness associated with external flash .

Im JUST a point and shoot user who desires a digital camera which meets the following MINIMUM : 1) capable to taking a clear & sharp photo both indoors & outdoors; nature as well as humans 2) above 3.4mega pixel, 3) easy to carry around (bulk is ok but NO to external attachments) 4) use compact flash 5) ablity to zoom (35mm to 115mm) 5) of course NO or minimum red eye 6) budget is No problem

Im looking at G2 (black). But not sure of its ablity to handle 'red-eye'

Im open to ur opinions and suggestions. Thk u very much.

How about using photoshop to correct the red eye ?

Originally posted by Keito
How about using photoshop to correct the red eye ?

Im not computer savy. Is it hard to use photoshop?? Will it just take a few clicks in photoshop??

Originally posted by dgeralds
Hello everyone,

i would like to have some of ur thoughts & opinion on ways to solve my problem.

I have a coolpix990. I found out that cp990 is more prone to red-eye than most other digital cameras and this was confirmed when i read reviews in various forums. I love Cp990 except for the red-eye.

Earlier there were suggestions in this forum to use a bracket and an external flash unit to overcome the red-eye problem and also highlighted to me that this problem (red-eye) would be found in most digital cameras due to the closeness of the built-in flash and camers lens i.e lens and flash are closely located. As im a simple point and shoot user, i dont want the bulkness associated with external flash .

6) budget is No problem

I guess that you do know something about DCs right?
Until now, there isn't a perfect DC yet, at least at the proconsumer range???
If the budget is not a problem, get a canon D60?:)

Im JUST a point and shoot user who desires a digital camera which meets the following MINIMUM :
1) capable to taking a clear & sharp photo both indoors & outdoors; nature as well as humans
2) above 3.4mega pixel,
3) easy to carry around (bulk is ok but NO to external attachments)
4) use compact flash
5) ablity to zoom (35mm to 115mm)
5) of course NO or minimum red eye
Im looking at G2 (black). But not sure of its ablity to handle 'red-eye'

At a glance, ppl will think that you gave very "humble" spec for the DC you are looking for.
But if look carefully, still quite difficult to get a proconsumer DC to fulfil what you are asking for.
if your budget is not a problem, get a digital SLR and once and for all (maYBE?)
Most of the dc have the slow/bad focusing under low light (except 707?) therefore, you might encounter low light focusing problem even you get a G2. The thing is that how severe the problem can be.
Im open to ur opinions and suggestions. Thk u very much.
;)

No problem, you are welcome.
I hope that you can realize that most of the DC ($1k to $2k) have the similar problems. Better think twice!;)

Originally posted by dgeralds

Im not computer savy. Is it hard to use photoshop?? Will it just take a few clicks in photoshop??

erm it's not that difficult once you get used to it.

Actually, it is only a few clicks... select the tool, find the red eye and erase it away. That's what most computer program requires to remove red eye...

Originally posted by Flare
Actually, it is only a few clicks... select the tool, find the red eye and erase it away. That's what most computer program requires to remove red eye...

Thks everybody. Decided to stick to Coolpix990 and learn to use photoshop to remeve red-eye. Thks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.