Help me decide...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aiyo. This is a bit rubbish lah. There are a lot of pro photogs earning a good living using Sony gear. And a lot of C and N photogs buying the A850/A900 for use with the Carl Zeiss lenses.

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Haha, well to a certain extend yes. Cause so far I have only hands on in those big elec. shops. Actually I had quite bad experiences from the shops in SLS, which are rather hard selling. I think I might be going to recommeded shops by fellow bros to try out the k-x.

Regarding whether going pro, actually I am just trying to take photograhy as a hobby. One of my friends did mentioned this. He did mentioned that I might very fast "out-grown" my desire and wanted to upgrade. But with regards on going pro, i don't forsee that.

don worry about Upgrades. The speed that Sony is coming out with new DSLRs, ur wallet will not be able to keep up definately :bsmilie:

And actually most of the time people will upgrade lenses more than upgrading cameras.

thats complete bull cr@p. i know REAL pro's who use canon and nikon .. but sony is such a rarity that it doesnt come into the question

How do you define a REAL pro or a pro? Someone who earns a living via photography or those photographers who are sponsored?

If you define a pro as someone who earns a living thru photography, there are many using Sony, Pentax and Olympus too. Maybe you need to you need to go out more.

How do you define a REAL pro or a pro? Someone who earns a living via photography or those photographers who are sponsored?

If you define a pro as someone who earns a living thru photography, there are many using Sony, Pentax and Olympus too. Maybe you need to you need to go out more.

umm, i go to a university where i get teached by actual professionals - all my teachers are top of the line professionals . Ralph A. Clevenger, Chris Orwig - heard of them ? If you haven't, it is YOU who needs to go out more.

thats complete bull cr@p. i know REAL pro's who use canon and nikon .. but sony is such a rarity that it doesnt come into the question

I know a pro who uses Sony just because of the 135mm f1.8 lens. Have never personally tried it before, but it is definitely good stuff :)

umm, i go to a university where i get teached by actual professionals - all my teachers are top of the line professionals . Ralph A. Clevenger, Chris Orwig - heard of them ? If you haven't, it is YOU who needs to go out more.

Arhhh...so that's what you learn from them. What a shame. :blah:

haha, you can diss me or whatever, but this is still the truth : your equipment might not matter, but canon and nikon still make the best cameras in the world and being where they are, no matter what you say, its very very hard for sony to catch up.

being an ex olympus shooter, i can tell you this.

and this isn't what i learnt from them - i gained inspiration through researching the works of Henri Cartier-Bresson, Robert Capa, Garry Winogrand, Robert Frank, Zoriah Miller, etc. and i don't talk about half the technicalities everyone in this forum keeps talking about.

Honestly speaking, I've hardly seen anyone in this forum talk about these artists...

dude, your well on the way to getting this thread locked...
thats basically a personal attack on krishna91.

whether youre just defending sony for whatever its worth, or youre just jealous that krishna is at brooks taking photography for a bit more then a hobby, there is a clear cut line between healthy debate and personal attack... and mate you crossed it.

:nono:

dude, your well on the way to getting this thread locked...
thats basically a personal attack on krishna91.

whether youre just defending sony for whatever its worth, or youre just jealous that krishna is at brooks taking photography for a bit more then a hobby, there is a clear cut line between healthy debate and personal attack... and mate you crossed it.

haha there's nothing to be jealous of.. some people can't handle the banter mate

LOL

I see the exact opposite trend. And yes, I know REAL PROs too.

Would Michael Yamashita count for you?

haha, you can diss me or whatever, but this is still the truth : your equipment might not matter, but canon and nikon still make the best cameras in the world and being where they are, no matter what you say, its very very hard for sony to catch up.

being an ex olympus shooter, i can tell you this.

I'm just glad that the mirror has never fallen out of my DSLR. Oh wait, that's what I would expect if I buy a "best camera in the world".

Ok, so you're studying. Great. While you are studying, the rest of us are out earning money with our pictures.

And most REAL PROs that I know are too busy shooting to teach. :p

orth, or youre just jealous that krishna is at brooks taking photography for a bit more then a hobby, there is a clear cut line between healthy debate and personal attack... and mate you crossed it.

Now who's initiating the personal attacks?

Cmon no point talking bout which cameras pros use.
The TS ain't aiming for pros.

And so A550 then, since so many ppl told u to go for A550. Happy buying and enjoy your new gear!

I'm just glad that the mirror has never fallen out of my DSLR. Oh wait, that's what I would expect if I buy a "best camera in the world".

Ok, so you're studying. Great. While you are studying, the rest of us are out earning money with our pictures.

And most REAL PROs that I know are too busy shooting to teach. :p

uhh , it really sucks that you compare yourself to someone who's barely 18 my friend. And yes, i've been shooting commercial work in my holidays for people who i meet in my travels - usually businessmen - just because you shoot fashion/studio/commercial doesn't make you a pro.

UHHHHHHHH they are part time teachers, and if you're saying they're bad, go see riceball photography shop. Their books are sold there. Ralph Clevenger's iconic image of an iceberg grossed more than $1 million in STOCK ALONE. So get your facts right before you speak.

uhh , it really sucks that you compare yourself to someone who's barely 18 my friend.

And yet you think you can spout on about "best cameras"? Based on what? Marketing?

We have experience. That counts a LOT more than sponsored marketing campaigns, or the "wisdom" of people who get their gear sponsored.

You have much to learn about the real world my friend.

uhh , it really sucks that you compare yourself to someone who's barely 18 my friend. And yes, i've been shooting commercial work in my holidays for people who i meet in my travels - usually businessmen - just because you shoot fashion/studio/commercial doesn't make you a pro.

UHHHHHHHH they are part time teachers, and if you're saying they're bad, go see riceball photography shop. Their books are sold there. Ralph Clevenger's iconic image of an iceberg grossed more than $1 million in STOCK ALONE. So get your facts right before you speak.

Oh boy, not the "I'm only __(fill in with any age below 20)" line again :bsmilie:

Oh boy, not the "I'm only __(fill in with any age below 20)" line again :bsmilie:

(random) Dude, I like cartman too! R u referring to eric cartman?
sorry if u're not...

Status
Not open for further replies.