help..got problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantingchin

Oct 3, 2003
Tanjong Pagar
www.erictan.gojiteam.com
Hi all photog out there...

How do you guys solve the problem of condensation of moisture on the lens when you come out from a very cold room and outside is raining i.e. high humidity?

Last time i stay in a air-con room for quite a long time and the lens get cooled. Then when i come out, the front of the lens got a lot of moisture. I try to wipe it of but the lens are still cold and still collecting moisture. I dare not change the lens as i afraid when i un-mount the lens, moisture goes in.

Does this affect the lens performance if we often have to change from cold room to normal temperature? Or we just have to wait until the lens get "hot"?

Some one please help. Thanks

heat it over a lighter

Like what westray said, just wait a while. (And if you're into soft-focus pictures, the waiting time is a good chance to snap a few. The moisture gives a free and even softening effect, got money cannot buy.)

Make sure it goes back into the dry cabinet at night.

If you're expecting to shoot immediately when moving from cold to warm place, take some time to warm up the lens in the cold place, like keeping it in a pocket close to your body.

place your camera inside a ziplock bag when storing your cam inside an air cond room. And when u want to use it, warm it up to room temperature before you take it our from the bag.

ST1100 said:
Like what westray said, just wait a while. (And if you're into soft-focus pictures, the waiting time is a good chance to snap a few. The moisture gives a free and even softening effect, got money cannot buy.)

Make sure it goes back into the dry cabinet at night.

If you're expecting to shoot immediately when moving from cold to warm place, take some time to warm up the lens in the cold place, like keeping it in a pocket close to your body.

free soft filter, :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.