Help ! Fungus Attack !

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor

Jan 22, 2002
photozone
Visit site
Help ! My lenses kenna fungus :angry:

Just thinking is it Ok to leave the fungus as they are if I place them in the dry cabinet from now on ? I read that the fungus will die if deprive of moisture for 24 hours. Dun really wanna clean them if they dun affect image quality as service is expensive. TIA :)

Help ! My lenses kenna fungus :angry:

Just thinking is it Ok to leave the fungus as they are if I place them in the dry cabinet from now on ? I read that the fungus will die if deprive of moisture for 24 hours. Dun really wanna clean them if they dun affect image quality as service is expensive. TIA :)

There are different ways to deal with fungus, but the best is to get them cleaned out as soon as possible. It may not affect your image quality right now, but the fungus can eat into the lens coating, and that will cause more problems in the future.

Fungus might stop it's live activities but it will create spores that can stay for ages and start growing once humidity comes back. Better get it cleaned and take the money as "tuition fees".

Get it cleaned ASAP. There are spores EVERYWHERE, so please be careful in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.