HELP: External Monitor for 5d mark II

ishou80

Mar 9, 2008
Choa Chu Kang
Hi guys,

Im wondering anyone can provide me information on how can I use a external monitor for filming using 5d mk2 without renting a monitor as due to budget constrain for sch project.

I tried using the AV cable on tv and portable dvd players but all of them doesn't work. :(

Appreciate if anyone can provide me with some solution!

Thanks!

HDMI Output!

just a note though, 5DM2 may have a full frame, but it has only 1 single processor chip, whereas 7D has 2. which means when 7D outputs the video via HDMI, it has enough processing power to output video as full HD, same as what it records. 5DM2 on the other hand, doesn't have enough muscle to output video at full 1080p HD res so it downgrades it to SD. so it may record video at 1080p HD res, HDMI output is downgraded to SD, which also means that on a HD monitor you are only seeing SD res, which maybe not be razor sharp as compared to seeing the video at full HD res.

Yup ... Only 7D has the processing power to output HD. The rest of the gang is downres ...

Wa.... But film maker still using 5d more then 7d. By the way can u see any different when on tv? If I tell you some of the ad on tv is using 60d to shoot you believe? So... Be it what cam. Just shoot and no ppl will border about it.
Make good story line or shoot which will be like to all people. Not what cam u have.

The Sony one is great but its ard $550, alternatively I think most mass sale may have it for ard $350.

Where can I find this monitor in the mass sale?