Help Digital Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KnightsIcE

Dear All......

I m lookin 2 purchase a digital camera. Hav boiled dwn my choices to below models which all are 3.2mp

1) Sony Dsc-P8 cause i m using Clie
2) Canon Ixus V3
3) Panasonic F1
4) Minolta Dimage

Appreciate all the help i need as i m such an amateur in cams.
Thanks

you want to consider Canon A70 also, it has manual function. I saw some good photo taken from this cam. I think cheaper than V3.

Cheers!

Icic....

But what i heard from the Harvey Norman Salesman is the poor review of it. Coz he said a lot of shutter probs wif it.
MOvie recording with audio? how long?

thnks

About the P8, it doesn't have manual functions, so if you wanna take shots that require some manual tinkering, it's going to be difficult. I have a P9, and access to a P8.

Very good point and shoot cameras IMHO, but if you wanna do stuff like take pictures of fast moving objects it's going to be more difficult since they do not have apeture priority modes. The P8 does have scene modes for specific functions e.g. night shots, action shots, snow shots.... if you have a large amount of memory sticks, and you would like manual modes, can consider the Sony dsc-v1.

You can check out review sites e.g. www.dpreview.com (though I'm told it's heavily canon biased), www.imaging-resource.com, and quite a few others.

thanks for ur help.....

was trying to look for the p-9. it has been taken off the shelf right? what do u think of it?

Between the P9 and P8 i'd say get the P8: the only thing "better" about the P9 imho is the 4megapixel sensor; the P8 is only 3.2mpx. But so far I've got printouts from 2,3.2, 4 and 5 mpx images, the 3.2mpx is indistiguishable from the 4 & 5s (I'm refering to 3R and 4R prints). Else the P8 has more scene modes and better metering... so if you wanna print big, you might wanna forgo even the P9 and find something 5mpx or more!

That said I use my P9 most often. Easy to use, light to carry around. And the 4mpx sensor allows more pictures per megabyte, compared to say a F717.... Focusing is quite fast, pictures in broad daylight excellent, has auto focus asisst lamp at night.... I just simply miss it not having manual modes.

These are some pictures taken with the P9
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~jtalbain/eventsArticles/titc01.html
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~jtalbain/eventsArticles/gtAvalanch.html
(some pictures the background is overxposed and foreground not exposed properly. At that time I didn't know how to use fill flash. Now i do ;-))

what are the shops u guys wil recommend other that Cathay photo and Alan photo...

Heard there are export and agent models..
so hw do i ensure i get the best and most honest deal..

what do u guys think of Canon S45. Heard it has sth called 9-pt focusing...any idea?
hw gd is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.