Help! Canon 60D Rubber Peeling

wireframan

Dec 17, 2010
GoodDay!

I am new here and this is my first time to post.

I got my first dslr 60d last November 27 2010 and I have treated it very well. However, after a couple of weeks of using it I noticed that the rubber is not properly sticking. There's an excess rubber all around the edges where it should be sticking properly. Since I am newbie I just thought that it was normal for dslr camera but just last month I started to worry because the rubber is starting to peel off! and now its getting worst and worst. Last week I went to one of the shop in funan to compare my camera and saw that even the display camera is nicely done no excess rubber and it's tightly sticking on the body.I'm pretty worried now and I Would like to ask your good advice regarding this matter.. Thank you so very much.

Why not just bring it to canon for them to replace it.. Since its within warranty period rite??

Send to CSC for service...

Thank you for the quick replies..

Just 1 question. Any Idea if this requires me to pay the service/replacement or not? since my camera is still under warranty..

Reg warranty n bring both receipt n warranty card.

thats quite fast for the rubber peeling to start showing. what type of conditions have you been using the camera under? any extreme hot/humid weather? End Nov to now is only about 1.5mths...get CSC to fix it for you....could have been a lousy batch of glue used on the 60D...or perhaps you have very sweaty palms

my 5D2 is 1.5 yr old now and the rubber sticks and is tight like first day of purchase.

My 400D grip rubber also came out, but only after probably one and a half years. All the best!

Not surprising... when I was at canon showroom in early Nov 10, the 60D demo set's grip rubber had almost totally came off too.

Dunno if it has been abused or what but that was like only 3 months since its launch?

I think something wrong with the Canon quality control. When I got this camera from one of the stores in funan, the rubber was already popping out from the edges where it should stick nicely. It's not properly cut and it has an excess rubber which I though normal for dslr until I saw the demo camera which has a nice rubber grip properly and tightly sticking on the body.

I know the sales person in that store knew that there's something wrong with the camera but he still sold it to me..this is my first dslr camera and I only used cellphone and digicam before so I really dont know..maybe I was just very excited when I bought this camera and I never noticed the Factory Defect... :cry:

I think something wrong with the Canon quality control. When I got this camera from one of the stores in funan, the rubber was already popping out from the edges where it should stick nicely. It's not properly cut and it has an excess rubber which I though normal for dslr until I saw the demo camera which has a nice rubber grip properly and tightly sticking on the body.

I know the sales person in that store knew that there's something wrong with the camera but he still sold it to me..this is my first dslr camera and I only used cellphone and digicam before so I really dont know..maybe I was just very excited when I bought this camera and I never noticed the Factory Defect... :cry:

It's not even a year, it should still be under warranty.

Just go and bang table at CSC.

The rubber shouldn't be sticking out when the camera's new.

ya go down to CSC and ask them what is going on.

my 7D's grip rubber is starting to peel off too... and just when the 1 year waranty is just over. Tempted to use super glue but not sure if it will spoil the thing. Maybe TS can update once the 60D is back from CSC? Cos its gonna be kinda stupid to pay when all CSC does is just use super glue as well =X

hmm this is rather weird, how come the rubber flab can be peeling?? there is no such problem on my 7D even after using it for a year...

hmm this is rather weird, how come the rubber flab can be peeling?? there is no such problem on my 7D even after using it for a year...

Maybe they started to use a softer but less durable composition for the rubber not too long ago.

it's not surprising like many said

First the mirror drops off the 5Ds, now the rubber grips are peeling off the 7Ds and 60Ds. Canon is using very strange ways to cut costs. Wonder what will start falling out in the future models.