Help... Any new camera phone

maisatomai

Deregistered
Oct 26, 2006
My budget is around $500-$700 without contract. Actually buying for my wife who used N82 to take photo of my son. 3 functions she use: Call/sms/take photo.

1. This is not really photography related.
2. Any phone in that price range will suit her needs. Just go to places like mobilesquare and buy.
3. How to advise when we don't know your wife (and you should know her better than we do)? We don't know what her preferences are, what phone is comfy for her, whether she prefers a standard keypad, a qwerty keyboard, full touchscreen, if she needs a xenon flash or LED light, etc etc etc.

It's like saying "help my wife is looking for new food, she likes food that is tasty, has veggies and some meat".

Last edited:
Yes, this is photography related. Actually I should pharse it as "Which phone (around $500-$700) can take the best picture"

I believe more photos are taken by phone than DSLR/camera combined. There are beatiful moments which you will be without your DSLR/camera. My thread may be useful to other clubsnappers who only sms/call and want a really good HP that can take good picture.

Yes, this is photography related. Actually I should pharse it as "Which phone (around $500-$700) can take the best picture"

I believe more photos are taken by phone than DSLR/camera combined. There are beatiful moments which you will be without your DSLR/camera. My thread may be useful to other clubsnappers who only sms/call and want a really good HP that can take good picture.

No its not.Move your thread to kopitiam...

Then I suggest reading mobile phone review sites, because they test camera phones there. This is what most clubsnappers would do too before buying a new phone.

:O Since when become mobile related. :OOO

Then I suggest reading mobile phone review sites, because they test camera phones there. This is what most clubsnappers would do too before buying a new phone.
Congrat on your 10,000 post. But this is as good as telling clubsnapper to read dpreview or FM for camera/lens news.

If this is considered a photography thread (http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464872&page=16&highlight=iphone), why can't mine be one?:dunno:

My budget is around $500-$700 without contract. Actually buying for my wife who used N82 to take photo of my son. 3 functions she use: Call/sms/take photo.

Get an iphone and get it over with. 3GS works, or wait for ver 4.

Congrat on your 10,000 post. But this is as good as telling clubsnapper to read dpreview or FM for camera/lens news.

Yes, and if more clubsnappers did that, the bandwidth utilization here would drop significantly.

Point is, all cameraphones out there can take good pictures. Everything else is up to your wife's preferences, which means anything we recommend may not suit her needs.

Best is if you go out with her, have her try several phones, note which ones she likes (from looks to size to how comfy it is for her to use) then do research on those select models.

Otherwise we can generate a list of over 100 cameraphones because we don't know your wife's tastes.

Get an iphone and get it over with. 3GS works, or wait for ver 4.

Who's to say that his wife even likes full-touchscreen phones? Maybe she prefers a clam type? Candybar? Slider? The Nokia UI or the SE UI?

There are too many unanswered questions that the TS *should* know for us to make any recommendation.

Who's to say that his wife even likes full-touchscreen phones? Maybe she prefers a clam type? Candybar? Slider? The Nokia UI or the SE UI?

There are too many unanswered questions that the TS *should* know for us to make any recommendation.

True. I was just trying to simplify it for him so he can close thread and move on.

True. I was just trying to simplify it for him so he can close thread and move on.

I know. :)

Just highlighting to the TS that he should know much much better what kind of phone his wife would like (since 99% of her time will be spent on call/sms)

Thanks. Actually she is a non-fussy person who likes to take good photo of our son. She does not care about the design but rather she wants something that can take really good photo. I have DSLR, bridge camera and compace but sometimes it is the handphone that comes most handy. For example, that day I bought my child to T3 to fetch someone. Who would have thought of bringing a camera. There are some lovely figurines my child can take photo with....

I am sure if I ask this topic 3 years ago, people will recommend me HP such as N82. Nowadays, when I go to Singtelshop.com, there are so many phones around. That is why I started this thread to ask for a very very good camera phone. Sorry if my previous posts were misleading.

I looked through Iphone 3Gs photo. Many used image editing software to add effect to it. Naturally, it must be that the camera is not good enough for a normal sharp shot.

Last edited:
Thanks. Actually she is a non-fussy person who likes to take good photo of our son. I have DSLR, bridge camera and compace but sometimes it is the handphone that comes most handy. For example, that day I bought my child to T3 to fetch someone. Who would have thought of bringing a camera. There are some lovely figurines my child can take photo with....

I am sure if I ask this topic 3 years ago, people will recommend me HP such as N82. Nowadays, when I go to Singtelshop.com, there are so many phones around. That is why I started this thread to ask for a very very good camera phone. Sorry if my previous posts were misleading.

It is still misleading. Simply because here are so many phones around, we will not know where to start too. And we will never know what your wife will like, will hate...

So the best way is to bring your wife to the hand-phone store and let her pick.

Shouldn't there be a phone that is very outstanding in taking good quality photo? The main criteria is image quality.

Bringing my wife to the HP store to pick will not really get her a phone that can take good quality photo...

Shouldn't there be a phone that is very outstanding in taking good quality photo? The main criteria is image quality.

Bringing my wife to the HP store to pick will not really get her a phone that can take good quality photo...

Well, most higher end phones from any brand will take nice photos.

Shot these with a Nokia N97 mini, which doesn't have the best camera compared to other phones nowadays.

4568428248_963ca3728b.jpg
4567792377_d6c99197a7.jpg

4311295199_5f6946cf54.jpg
4311295553_a72b0fd591.jpg

This one better... Sure can have very good IQ

iphone4-dslr-07-07-2010.jpg

Last edited:
this is NOT photography related as the mobile phone is primarily a mobile phone first which happens to be able to take pictures
thread moved

Well, most higher end phones from any brand will take nice photos.

Shot these with a Nokia N97 mini, which doesn't have the best camera compared to other phones nowadays.

4568428248_963ca3728b.jpg
4567792377_d6c99197a7.jpg

4311295199_5f6946cf54.jpg
4311295553_a72b0fd591.jpg

Your N97 mini takes really very nice picture!!!