Hello There!

WELCOME!!! to CS.. everybody is a learner here! Enjoy taking photos yo!

Hello TS! Welcome to CS! :)

Im a newbie too, got my D5000 last March. Your D3000 is a great camera for beginners too coz it comes with a 'Guide' mode that ask you what kind of pics you want to take then goes to the process of choosing the right settings. One way that I learn how to take pictures is by learning from the camera. I set to 'Auto' mode and each picture has the info settings when you transferred it to your pc. From there its just trial and error on which shutter, aperture, iso etc to set. Most of the time for now, my camera is set to 'P' mode, which I can vary the shutter or aperture, and play around with the other settings. Of course the best is to read up (which i did). Plenty of info on the net, books (library or stores) and magazines. I actually bought a 'dummies' book for the D5000 though im not sure if there is one for D3000. Anyhow, you can still get other references from other publishers. And there is always this forum page at CS ;)

Happy shooting and enjoy your D3000!

Cheers!

Thanks for the tips.
I better do my homework in reading just like before in setting up coral reefing aqaurium

Thanks for all your warmth welcome.

Can any kind souls help me with this?
Can i use a SLR (Nikon Camera) lens on DSLR D300 camera?
Can a manual focus lens fit and works on this DSLR d3000 camera also?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for all your warmth welcome.

Can any kind souls help me with this?
Can i use a SLR (Nikon Camera) lens on DSLR D300 camera?
Can a manual focus lens fit and works on this DSLR d3000 camera also?

Thanks in advance.

When you mention SLR, Nikon has many models of film SLRs, and different lens systems. Some autofocus, some manual. Even among Manual focus lenses, there are a few kinds.

The best for you will be to read up this article. It will cover everything you need to know about lens compatibility.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/compatibility-lens.htm

When you mention SLR, Nikon has many models of film SLRs, and different lens systems. Some autofocus, some manual. Even among Manual focus lenses, there are a few kinds.

The best for you will be to read up this article. It will cover everything you need to know about lens compatibility.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/compatibility-lens.htm

Thanks Daredevil.
That is so clear and helpful.:)