Hello! Newbie from KL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizuan

May 6, 2009
Just to pay respect to all forum members here. I just knew about this site after talking to a photog covering a current event at Shangri-La Singapore. Such a nice guy to introduce me to this forum site. Now still using a semi-pro S5iS but reaaaly looking forward to get hold of that Nikon 5000:thumbsup:

Welcome!

Hope you have a great time here
;)

Welcome to CS! hope you get your D5000 soon and post your pictures here! ;)

in the meantime, S5IS is a great camera too :)

Thanks guys for the welcoming remarks...a salesperson at Lucky Plaza tried to persuade me to trade in my S5iS with the Nikon5000....his offer price before trade in is SGD1000....saw another one at Changi Terminal 2 today selling at SGD1250:confused:

Hi! Welcome to CS!;)

Hi, Welcome to CS.:)

Hi Mizuan,

welcome to CS

READ MORE
SHOOT more
Post more... :)

Selamat datang ke CS! :)

Wow, Msia ver not bad, too.

Thanks guys for the welcoming remarks...a salesperson at Lucky Plaza tried to persuade me to trade in my S5iS with the Nikon5000....his offer price before trade in is SGD1000....saw another one at Changi Terminal 2 today selling at SGD1250:confused:

Both are not really locations where to buy cameras. Lucky Plaza is known for their persuading tactics where only later you'll find that the deal wasn't really a good one. Changi Airport might be tax free but the high rental there and other costs will drive up the price again. No point finally.
Check the equipment sections and consumer corner. There you'll find the list of reputable shops. Stick to those as beginner, otherwise your learning curve might start with a painful dot.

Hi Mizuan! Welcome on board.

Would suggest you look around reputable shops in KL for your new DSLR. I don't think there will be very much different in term of price with Singapore's and bear in mind camera bodies don't have international warranty.

Hope you will enjoy your stay here.

Apa kabar bang? Selamat datang ke CS:cheergal: Do you know there is also a Msia version at http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=100&f=80 ?

Sometimes I eFly there when I get bored here.

Once again Welcome!:devil:

DrSpock. Khabar baik. Thanks for the Selamat datang note. I am a member at photomalaysia forum too. Just spreading my wings to our brotherly neighbour in the south.:love1:

Thanks all for the warm welcome note. Indeed the guy at Lucky Plaza dont look like he's planning to be sincere with his offer. Perhaps because I look like a foreigner from the middle east. I take note of the advice given. Its gonna be fun looking for the lowest price. Maybe I'll get up to Hong Kong again one day to get them....its much cheaper there. I got my 430EX Canon Speedlite for almost 40% off Malaysian price. Dont know whether I should gamble on warranty issues when buying a body tho..

Status
Not open for further replies.