Heinrichsweikamp Digital Adaptor

the S&S TTL adapter is also based on the heinrich adaptor..

but why do you need an adaptor to use with a compact? does the YS60 have a fibre optic connection?

the YS-60TTL/S is a very old strobe for used with S&S MotorMarine camera. It does not have attachment for fiber optics.
I intend to use the Heinrich adaptor to fire off the YS-60 from the compact internal flash.
I have the YS-60, just thot i could make use of it instead of relying on the compact flash.
any advise :)

many tks.........

ah ok, i see your point now. wasn't familiar with the YS60 strobe. way before my time. :)

i think the price may not be worth it. it will probably cost close to $300, and you need a sync cord which is another $100. With another $100, you could get a YS01 with fibre optic connection. Then you also have to deal with possible bulkhead flooding, sync cord breaking, and batteries for the adapter. Quite a lot of headache to go through just so you can use your old strobe.

Worse still, the strobe dies after a few trips due to old age and you're stuck with $400 worth of parts.

i've seen a cable from Inon which essentially i think converts the optical firing from the camera into a electrical signal for Inon strobes. Just checked it's a discontinued product. Not sure if it'll fit your S&S strobe but worth checking out to see if any shops still carry this product. Look under optical connection system.

http://www.inon.jp/products/discontinued_products/index.html

HW and YS-TTL converter is to get TTL flash communication with camera body.
If you want to you your flash in manual mode, it can done easier. It only need 2 wire connection, but you casing need to be modified. Contact S&S in Adelphi or Scubacam they may able to help you.