Heartwarming attitude of a Bus Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
today, without my transitlink card with me, i boarded a bus with a $2.00 note in my hand ready to slot in the box. to my surpise, the driver asked where i was going. after telling him, he said the fare is only 90 cents. he also asked me to ask other passengers for small change. i did, but not successful. he later said, no hurry to pay, to wait for more passengers who may board the bus for small change. later, one boarding passenger has the neccessary change and i promptly paid my fare then. such heartwarming attitude. through his action, he made my day.

I will not reveal the bus co or write in to the bus co to praise the bus driver. to do so, may get the driver into trouble.

reachme2003 said:
today, without my transitlink card with me, i boarded a bus with a $2.00 note in my hand ready to slot in the box. to my surpise, the driver asked where i was going. after telling him, he said the fare is only 90 cents. he also asked me to ask other passengers for small change. i did, but not successful. he later said, no hurry to pay, to wait for more passengers who may board the bus for small change. later, one boarding passenger has the neccessary change and i promptly paid my fare then. such heartwarming attitude.

I will not reveal the bus co or write in to the bus co to praise the bus driver. to do so, may get the driver into trouble.

I don't think he will get into trouble, this is the type of service an attitude that will go a long way with customers. Give appraisal to him lah, he deserves to be applauded. And maybe more bus drivers will follow his good example in future. U hold his key to a brighter future...:thumbsup:

i think it would be nice to write him an appraisal.:thumbsup:
i have yet to encounter such good service though.

I think you should give credit where credit is due. He should be commended for his simple act of kindness or common courtesy. Let others know and maybe more will follow. I don't think he will get into trouble.

If only they installed those money changing machines cum coinboxes... coin paying passengers wun have such problems... :(

reachme2003 said:

Today's Bus and Taxi companies all run by money hungry sharks who fear they may lose grip on the population. They keep reporting making less or loss... All Bull **** if you ask me... they keep buying new stuff and "upgrading" that's why. Then transfer the price increase to the customers. Do we really need top of the line computer stuffed buses? How many miss the old open air buses that give such a spiritual feeling during travel? People pay so much for convertable car to have wind-in-face feeling. Old buses also have wat... MaSayDee Bus some more!!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Better not say out... later bus driver kenna sack for promoting unprofitable business practise.

reachme2003 said:

good driver. but your reason is not sound because he did not give you a free ride. he merely asked you to pay later when you can get change

so by all means write in

I'm sure they receive a lot more complaints then they do compliments. If you feel that you have been well served, then do make it a point to highlight it to the employee/company. Like begets like, they may feel more motivated to repeat the performance in future.

I normally smile to the uncle whenever i board the bus, but most of the time i get a blank stare :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.