Head to head in a carpark (Kallang)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AncientMariner

Dec 1, 2004
Little Red Dot
Last sunday was a day of decisions on what to shoot. There was the Big Boys Toyz, Mitsubishi Turbocharge, SMSA Sprint/Supersprint. Finally, I decided to go for the drama of real-life competition. Here are some pics of the event.

1.The event
100KM028-244.jpg

2. Turbo-charge cars event
100KM028-136.jpg

3. Normally Aspirated Cars
100KM028-146.jpg

It was very difficult as they had lined most of the track with the orange webbing. Luckily, I managed to find a narrow gap without the webbing, trees or barriers. Hope I didn't spoil things by being too ambitious in trying to get the opponent in the same frame as the subject in my panning shots given that short gap.

More on the event

4. Racing hard
100KM028-157.jpg

5. Consequence
100KM028-165.jpg

6. The show goes on
100KM028-238.jpg

C & C welcome.

#5.

if you're not fast enough don't drive that fast car. it's like if your head is not big enough don't say the trunk is small.

what a joke.

#5.

if you're not fast enough don't drive that fast car. it's like if your head is not big enough don't say the trunk is small.

what a joke.
:nono: Whilst sprints are normally events used by novices as an initiation to racing, let's not judge the driver's competency based on one crash. The nature of competition is such that both man and machine are driven to and at the edge and machinery may give way at most inopportune moments or unforeseen obstacles e.g. oil spill patch etc may appear. As such, accidents are part and parcel of racing. That's why there are so many safety regulations that have to be implemented. I am just glad the driver seemed ok and could walk away unaided from the crash.

I agree with AncientMariner. Even Michael Schumacher crashed out many times in his career, does it mean he is no good? In a race environment, the mistakes are amplified cos everything is happening so fast.

Kudos to those who have the guts to race in the carpark events. I have done it before and it's really scary with trees and kerbs everywhere. So much harder compared to a race track with generous run-off areas.

#5.

what a joke.

Once again, nice meeting you AncientMariner. Haven't had time to post process my shots :bsmilie: ... too busy with work. Great captures and colours!

To crash a WRX - its simple, cos its a technical car and its pretty old school without the aid of computers. (hence the no. of accidents involving WRXes are higher)

To crash an Evo - its a feat since the Evo is a pretty hard car to crash out with all the computer controls to aid it. Those who watch top gear and i quote - "... a tornado jet fighter" ....

You weren't at the tracks ... so don't judge how the driver drives. I've seen worst.

Like holeinone mentioned - its pretty scary with the kerbs and trees. Witnessed 1 driver just barely squeezing through a slot between a curb and a pylon only a few meters wide @ high speed...

I really enjoy going to such events though its tiring just to shoot it whole day from morning till dusk.

Once again, nice meeting you AncientMariner. Haven't had time to post process my shots :bsmilie: ... too busy with work. Great captures and colours!

To crash a WRX - its simple, cos its a technical car and its pretty old school without the aid of computers. (hence the no. of accidents involving WRXes are higher)

To crash an Evo - its a feat since the Evo is a pretty hard car to crash out with all the computer controls to aid it. Those who watch top gear and i quote - "... a tornado jet fighter" ....

You weren't at the tracks ... so don't judge how the driver drives. I've seen worst.

Like holeinone mentioned - its pretty scary with the kerbs and trees. Witnessed 1 driver just barely squeezing through a slot between a curb and a pylon only a few meters wide @ high speed...

I really enjoy going to such events though its tiring just to shoot it whole day from morning till dusk.

i think u meant versatile?
the post was by verstatile and not ancient mariner.
jus tot i point it out.

dEthANGeL - Tks and it's nice meeting you there too. Looking forward to see your shots.

In the meantime, I am reminded that an event should have pics of the specatators as well. So here goes:

7. Paddock, stalls and spectators
100KM028-236.jpg

8. Look who came to watch
100KM028-177.jpg

9. Racequeen contest 2nd runnerup
100KM028-184.jpg

dEthANGeL - Tks and it's nice meeting you there too. Looking forward to see your shots.

In the meantime, I am reminded that an event should have pics of the specatators as well. So here goes:

7. Paddock, stalls and spectators
100KM028-236.jpg

8. Look who came to watch
100KM028-177.jpg

9. Racequeen contest 2nd runnerup

100KM028-184.jpg
a u also there arh, next time say hi to me also leh.... view mine here, abit small cos i need save space: http://photobucket.com/albums/r170/shawnograph

Good shots!

I know it's not easy to pan in such limited space.

Couldn't wait for something like Singapore version of Tokyo Drift :)

a u also there arh, next time say hi to me also leh.... view mine here, abit small cos i need save space: http://photobucket.com/albums/r170/shawnograph
I arrived late and was running around looking for spots with an angle of the sprints, so did not have a chance to talk to many CSers. Sorry about that. Visited your gallery. Was it with the FZ50? Good shots but why only the contestants?

Good shots!

I know it's not easy to pan in such limited space.

Couldn't wait for something like Singapore version of Tokyo Drift :)
Thanks. There were demonstrations of drifting in a previous event, ENOC rally where I did take some pics but appeared almost static because the short runs resulting in low speed.

nice nice photo! Thanks to all who had visited this event and sharing the photos u have taken. The next sprint/ supersprint will be held in march 2007. Stay tune Friends! NExt time u guys need a closer shot jus let me know. I'll arrange for u! visit www.mptmotor.com to see if i got you guys on my camera! haha. cheers!

nice nice photo! Thanks to all who had visited this event and sharing the photos u have taken. The next sprint/ supersprint will be held in march 2007. Stay tune Friends! NExt time u guys need a closer shot jus let me know. I'll arrange for u! visit www.mptmotor.com to see if i got you guys on my camera! haha. cheers!
thanks. It was a well organised event. I used to race saloons, mostly on circuit in the mid 90s and have rendered my services to SMSA in a couple of local car-park rallies and autotest events. As a friend once told my wife, "racing is in my blood" and I will always have an interest in motor-racing. So come March 2007, I will definitely take you up on your offer to get closer.

how much do you know about wrx and evo? do you even own on to comment with such bias remarks?

Status
Not open for further replies.