HDTV Trial...Mediacorp

Status
Not open for further replies.
when coming to TV , i am the ultimate cheapo, i never buy tv more than $600.

Currently in market, LCD got soft and hard Panel. Go for hard panel one. Hear it has better build in quality. The new Phillip 37" inch LCD model is Pixel plus 2 amber light LCD got hard panel.
LG also has hard panel too.

See, I think HD is not as good as componant video. HD does give you a slightly sharper image, but the colours are not as good as componant. To me HD is a comprimise, take a look at the white colours, they are not pure white unlike componant, and componant is also pretty damn sharp, its just how sharp do you really want it. HD is not that amazing IMO.

wildstallion said:
See, I think HD is not as good as componant video. HD does give you a slightly sharper image, but the colours are not as good as componant. To me HD is a comprimise, take a look at the white colours, they are not pure white unlike componant, and componant is also pretty damn sharp, its just how sharp do you really want it. HD is not that amazing IMO.

???? HD means Hi definition right? It really does not have anything to do with colors, I think. And HD and component is not mutually exclusive. you can run HD signals through component connection too.....

John Tan said:
Yes the price drop from $5699 to $4699 within 2 month after I bought ...:(

Display is like that one lor. My projector also dropped a lot. Anyway my next display will be 1920 by 1080 then I am set for the next 10 years hopefully.

Anyway HD REALLY got difference. It is not the "audiophile" kind of difference where you have to STRAIN so hard to discern something. The difference is pretty like day and night on a big screen.

Everybody who came to my place can tell the huge difference between a SDTV signal and HDTV signal on the 92" screen.

wind30 said:
???? HD means Hi definition right? It really does not have anything to do with colors, I think. And HD and component is not mutually exclusive. you can run HD signals through component connection too.....

I dont think you can, Im relating to high definition cables and the connection, you cannot have high definition and componant on the same line (tv channel)

wildstallion said:
The HD setup box using 3 component too...colour & contrast r same with DVD...but come to clarity and resolution...the HDTV have blow the DVD away...no way the normal DVD can par with it especially view it on my 40" LCD. How can DVD's resolution 720 x 576 dpi fill up my 1366 x 768 screen ??? By the way 1920 x 1080 is launch by this Sep or Oct...

Once u have see the real HDTV, u will never look at normal SDTV again...same like HD DV...

wind30 said:
Display is like that one lor. My projector also dropped a lot. Anyway my next display will be 1920 by 1080 then I am set for the next 10 years hopefully.

Anyway HD REALLY got difference. It is not the "audiophile" kind of difference where you have to STRAIN so hard to discern something. The difference is pretty like day and night on a big screen.

Everybody who came to my place can tell the huge difference between a SDTV signal and HDTV signal on the 92" screen.
wow........92" screen...projection?

wind30 said:

hahaha so true, i oso used to be into "hifi" stuff like tubes, ls3/5as and all that... but my ears were just not into it... thats why i stopped straining to hear for differences and instead concentrated on photography and visual side of HT.

of course that's just my experience... i have friends who have better hearing than i and are more attuned to hearing subtle differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.