HDB issued wrong parking offence

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so unfortunate. I was issued a parking offence which I did not commit. HDB issued me a parking offence for parking in a loading/unloading bay when I just parked at the normal parking lot reserved for season ticket holder (which I am a season ticket holder). I appealed but they do not believe me. I tried re-appealing online (this time with photographic evidence) and calling up the branch office and they said they would call me back but neither a return call or a response email came back at all.

Any advice what I should do next? I really hate it for being accused of something which I never commit at all and disappointed with HDB's response of ignoring my appeal.

Any good advice is much appreciated.

You need to drop by at the HDB branch of your estate, works better that way. I have had every parking offence rescinded either by calling the manager or dropping by to talk to the people personally. In my case, it was a situation that stretched over a period of time where the parking attendents were outsourced and they dished out parking offences when it became painfully obvious that there were not enough parking lots to go around.

I was in a similar incident recently - doubled up the online appeal with a phone call to the appropriate area manager and got my summons rescinded as well.

Thanks. Do they entertained on Saturday?

What happened to your areas? Sounds also similar to mine. Not enough parking lots to go around and some cars have to park at Motorcycle lots!

You might like to call the HDB office to find out if they open on Saturdays.

The place I used to stay does not have muti-story carparks, every lot is out in the sun. When the area outside the estate was developed, quite a number of parking lots along the road at the perimeter of the estate was removed to cater to the rise in car traffic causing an imbalance to the way the lots were situated i.e. too few lots in my area, too many unsed lots on the other side of the estate. Because HDB did not want to differentiate the carparks so as to allocate the car park lots in my area to people who stay here, it became a case of first come first served. If I were to reach home late from work, it would become a case of parking along double yellow lines, handicapped lots (we know that there are no cars in the area that have handicapped stickers), or any place where we could fit a car without obstructing others. The alternative would be to park about 400m away from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.