HC-MDH3: Panasonic new shoulder-mount camcorder

They really bao ka liao :D

Panasonic has announced the HC-MDH3 shoulder-style Full-HD camcorder with Built-in LED Light and Large, 1/3.1-inch (type) MOS Sensor for beautiful low-light shooting. It also achieves the high picture quality and easy operation that are required by professionals thanks to its 20x zoom lens, Picture Tone, and Dual SD Card Slot.

Familiar locations aside, am I the only one who thinks these look a bit dated? Who are they targeting with these? 90's karaoke VCD producers? :p Are there really professionals in sg shooting pre-wed videos with camcorders? Must be a pretty small market. The only pros I see pulling out camcorders these days are those covering full length events/seminars, where the strengths of a camcorder really make sense.

I don't think the ads are meant for Singapore market although they are filmed here.
Very generous size for a camcorder (larger than an Alexa) to house a chip smaller than the Gopro
2kg of plastic is something else. Someone should try to rip out the innards and put a blackmagic Micro Cinema in there.