Have you paid your income tax?

Usually they'd advise you to have at least 2 mths worth of deductions in the bank just in case;)

There are 2 deduction dates in a month.

First deduction between 4th to 6th and the second deduction between 24th to 28th of the same month.

If first deduction run not successful, it will auto deduct on the second deduction run.

No penalty :)

I also wish to have 2 mths worth of deductions in my bank :p
my pay day is end of month, if the first deduction fails, high chance my pay still not in bank until after 28 (yaya, Feb excepted ;) ) so likely will fail ... anyway I need to enforce discipline on accumulate some saving.

Last edited:
I also wish to have 2 mths worth of deductions in my bank :p
my pay day is end of month, if the first deduction fails, high chance my pay still not in bank until after 28 (yaya, Feb excepted ;) ) so likely will fail ... anyway I need to enforce discipline on accumulate some saving.

For your case, trick is after your pay day at the end of the month, keep the sum aside for the 1st deduction. Then you are "free" for the rest of the month until the next pay day. Then repeat the same cycle :)

Did u all noticed at the income tax bill at the end is written
" Thank you for your contribution to the country's ......"

hahaha .... i was thinking my contribution to maybe a bit of the firework on NDP!

Did u all noticed at the income tax bill at the end is written
" Thank you for your contribution to the country's ......"

hahaha .... i was thinking my contribution to maybe a bit of the firework on NDP!

Also on the F15SGs that we bought from US too... Ha Ha Ha...

paying tax is ok for me, more scary if no need pay tax, means not earning enough, or worse unemployed.

Interesting huh?

This is really call: GIVE and TAKE.

make you happy for a while.

i have not received mine yet :sweat:

btw, the DR stated on my bill, what does DR stand for?
Same meaning as O$P$ so the bigger the sum in front of DR the worse for you lah. Just received mine last week and I nearly had a HA:faint:

can ask for discount???

this is the most unhappy day of the year for me......

i think it is a good thing that you still can contribute income tax

which means you still have a job which pay you well enough that, after the deduction of all the reliefs, you still have chargeable income for the govt to tax.

For your case, trick is after your pay day at the end of the month, keep the sum aside for the 1st deduction. Then you are "free" for the rest of the month until the next pay day. Then repeat the same cycle :)

It is not really an issue with me on my determine to save. It is the mighty mrs who digs a hole just before my pay day for me to fix almost consistently ever month. Soon I have to resort to hide my money in a tin can ...

Last edited:
you must be earning big bucks right :D
"Earning" is a Verb which denotes something to do with exchanging TIME for $ and Time is the one big limiting resource you cannot have more of. Everybody can only work for 8-10hrs a day max so how much can you really earn?

Hence I prefer "Making" money, better still Passive Income, which btw is a Noun so your money flows in even if you are sick on bed;)

BTW, I dun make so much lah, just enough to buy some toys from B&S lor:lovegrin:

Don't kay kay, you must earn quite a bit being a civil engineer. ;p
A bit OT liao but just to let you know civil engineers are the most underpaid lot in the whole universe. Had to slog for 4 yrs in Uni but starting pay on the bottom of most and had to stand under rain & sun and 7 days work week;(

I made more $ being an agent standing by the roadside:thumbsup:

Anyway no choice one, we all complain here. In US when you get 13 month bonus GOVT deduct 50% out of it by saying it is free you never work for it :eek:.
But only thing is we are not going to get any thing when we will retire but ppl in US will :think:.

A bit OT liao but just to let you know civil engineers are the most underpaid lot in the whole universe. Had to slog for 4 yrs in Uni but starting pay on the bottom of most and had to stand under rain & sun and 7 days work week ;(

I made more $ being an agent standing by the roadside :thumbsup:
It goes the same for Licensed Aircraft Engineers (LAE) under Singapore Technologies (ST) Aerospace Certificate in Aircraft Maintenance Program (CAMP), they have to undergo three years of apprenticeship under a 10 years contract after completion of their studies in higher education and breaking the bond could means coughing up enough cash to purchase a car.

Oh well, the grass is always greener on the other side I suppose. :bsmilie:

Anyway no choice one, we all complain here. In US when you get 13 month bonus GOVT deduct 50% out of it by saying it is free you never work for it :eek:.
But only thing is we are not going to get any thing when we will retire but ppl in US will :think:.
At least in Singapore you can be assured that a deranged colleague won't show up at work with a rifle and a vest load of semi-automatic pistols after they had been retrenched. :bsmilie: