Have Ever Thought About This ? If You haven gone into photography.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jed said:
and on the other hand I'm continually skimping and saving on other things (like I haven't spent S$100 per month on satellite TV for instance).

oh, did you also skimp on the £100 TV license ??? My guess is you used to but not anymore... ;p

paiseh, very OT here :embrass:

I used to spend a lot on upgrading of my computer and other gadgets which depreicate so quickly that they become worthless after half a year or so.

Now i spend more on good camera body and lenses, cos they still hold some values after a few years, also, i can make use of these equipment to make some money to recover the initial investment...still a long way to break even thou :sweatsm:

I think what is sad is there are people who try to keep up with those who have more resources to buy the expensive stuff.

jasphotography said:
oh, did you also skimp on the £100 TV license ??? My guess is you used to but not anymore... ;p

Let's just say I've got a license now and leave it at that yes?

jsbn said:
"Am I qualified to use/buy that lens? Do my current skill do justice to buy that lens? How often do I use it? Are there alternatives in getting around it?"

I think, this is a sensible way to justify the purchase of equipment.
Photography can be an expensive hobby if the photographer does not have self discipline.

By the way... photography also does record of history for life. When you are old, those pictures will be able to give you some good memories that money cannot compare. Ya, you can store the money into the bank and happily seeing the digi increase slowly. But it would be good if you can invest a bit for your future happiness too. I believe many people here will stick with photography for life, as a hobby, as a living, or whatever. So, spend a REASONABLE sum on equipment is not something that bad.

I posted my pictures from tokyo elsewhere.
A user told me, after seeing the pictures, he realised that, it is sometimes more worthwhile to spend on travelling with a cheap camera rather than to have an expensive camera but yet too broke to travel.

Make some sense.
In all, it depends on individual needs. Wat we need, wat are our uses. Sometimes certain assignments requires that kind of expensive equipments, some dun.
For me, I dun care whether my pics are superb sharp, best colours, best angle blah n watever.
So long as, composition nice, reasonable sharpness, no camera shake, colours acceptable, feelings and souls of the wat the picture suppose to bring out is there, is enough.
Technical aspects I m not that good since I only started serious photography like....march last yr? Used to be in sec sch photography club, but too poor to buy SLR. Only started to venture when I started work. Guessed, its in my blood, 2 of my uncles are avid photographers. One uses seagull, one uses canon. My uncle in indonesia uses seagull. If they can take wonderful pictures with no sophisticated camera of wat 7point focusing, auto white balance and blah blah blah...why cant I?

Mine, is a hobby...but I m not a fanatic hobbists so to say. So I wun go all out. There are pple who does go all out to get the best, well, their choice :) Nothing bad.
At the end of the day, camera does matter, but the most impt is the person working the camera.
That's my 2 cents view :)

jnifur said:
I posted my pictures from tokyo elsewhere.
A user told me, after seeing the pictures, he realised that, it is sometimes more worthwhile to spend on travelling with a cheap camera rather than to have an expensive camera but yet too broke to travel.

Make some sense.
In all, it depends on individual needs. Wat we need, wat are our uses. Sometimes certain assignments requires that kind of expensive equipments, some dun.
For me, I dun care whether my pics are superb sharp, best colours, best angle blah n watever.
So long as, composition nice, reasonable sharpness, no camera shake, colours acceptable, feelings and souls of the wat the picture suppose to bring out is there, is enough.
Technical aspects I m not that good since I only started serious photography like....march last yr? Used to be in sec sch photography club, but too poor to buy SLR. Only started to venture when I started work. Guessed, its in my blood, 2 of my uncles are avid photographers. One uses seagull, one uses canon. My uncle in indonesia uses seagull. If they can take wonderful pictures with no sophisticated camera of wat 7point focusing, auto white balance and blah blah blah...why cant I?

Mine, is a hobby...but I m not a fanatic hobbists so to say. So I wun go all out. There are pple who does go all out to get the best, well, their choice :) Nothing bad.
At the end of the day, camera does matter, but the most impt is the person working the camera.
That's my 2 cents view :)

u sound deprived from photography equipments.. hahhahhahaha...... dun feel bad.. hahaha....

u can always approach the shark slayer! hahah.. the most he will ask u 2 clean some whale poo and do some tongue scrubbing..

PS: Ot abit la kaes ?? =p

glennyong said:
u sound deprived from photography equipments.. hahhahhahaha...... dun feel bad.. hahaha....

u can always approach the shark slayer! hahah.. the most he will ask u 2 clean some whale poo and do some tongue scrubbing..

PS: Ot abit la kaes ?? =p

Pengz! :bsmilie: HAHAHA!
Dun wan....I wan dolphin !

xmen1977 said:
sometimes doing wedding photography do give u some sense of satisfaction or achievement...
The satisfaction comes from the laugther and joy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.