Have done a search on this forum.. Now I need your advices.. :)

NikonMI6

Nov 1, 2009
.:North of Singapore:.
Hey guys.. i am here to obtain some information about tripod and the head.. :) for me i really don't know where to start from.. this is my first time looking for a tripod.. so i doesn't really know what kind of features should i look out for..

to keep it simple, what i have found out so far is that gitzo is definitely too expensive for me and Manfrotto 190xprob seems to be a good choice so far? from what i search, most of the recommendation is Manfrotto 190xprob..

as for me, weight of the tripod will not be an issue for me.. not that i am very strong, just that i don't mind carrying that weight with me.. as long as it is stable, able to withstand strong wind (take sea breeze as a min. gauge).

from what i know some heads have panning option so does it mean that other heads can't make little adjustments like tilt and shift? which means that if we have to adjust the angle of the shot we must adjust the whole tripod?

better to have a centre column when fully extended hopefully about 1.6m?

and which leg locking system do you guys recommend?

so what else do i have to look for? as for budget wise, i would like to cap it at $400.. :)

thanks for spending time to read my post and any help will be greatly appreciated.. ;)

hehe... now you say that weight does not really matter... believe me... after some use, weight will matter :bsmilie:

Why don't you take a trip down to CP Peninsular to check out their range of Manfrottos? You can then try TK Photo as well... and they got the Sirui tripods, which are pretty well made.

hehe... now you say that weight does not really matter... believe me... after some use, weight will matter :bsmilie:

Why don't you take a trip down to CP Peninsular to check out their range of Manfrottos? You can then try TK Photo as well... and they got the Sirui tripods, which are pretty well made.
hmmm.. before going down to CP Penisular i would like to narrow down my choices first.. :) don't wanna end up testing too many tripods.. :x