Haunted House?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doesnt it look eerie?so i'm telling him to change his avatar pic FIRST.
you'll be surprised what your brain does to your psychological health.

True, it looks quite eerie.

True, it looks quite eerie.

tat looks like the female ghost tat has been hounding xxxboy! :bsmilie:

ideally, u should move out of the house and not get into further tangle with it.

by the way, upsize ur offerings to the spirits. times are hard in the netherworld, i belif. GST on the rise, transport cost up... etc.etc.
nothing is easy it seems!

i've never heard anything about the mantra warding off ghosts. the mantra is a reminder to the person chanting about the fundamentals of Buddhism.

in any case, when Buddhism first entered Southeast Asia, the mixing of the original teachings with local folk religions have caused alot of superstitions to develop around the religion.

Altar in the main hall or living room right? Suppose not in other room...

I suppose he has the common sense to place the altar in the main hall or living room. It is quite rude to place the altar in the bedroom

Bro, no choice la...I practice Tantric Buddhism and my shrine is not supposed to be in my living room so I place it in one of my empty room dedicated for the shrine.

Bro, no choice la...I practice Tantric Buddhism and my shrine is not supposed to be in my living room so I place it in one of my empty room dedicated for the shrine.

i've never encountered anything you encountered before, and before i dismiss it as superstition, consider putting a rolled up thangka in the room. you don't have to display it prominently, but at least knowing that the thangka is there might help you and your spouse calm down abit.

the knocking sound might be coming from something common.

i've never encountered anything you encountered before, and before i dismiss it as superstition, consider putting a rolled up thangka in the room. you don't have to display it prominently, but at least knowing that the thangka is there might help you and your spouse calm down abit.

the knocking sound might be coming from something common.

Haha, you sure know something about Tantric Buddhism don't you?
Yup, I have some Thangka hanging on my walls but there are some statues too so it is not very good to place on my living room.

Yo Bro, since u are practicisng vajrayana buddhism, i think u should go and seek your guru or some venerables of your tradition for some professional and spirtual help. I believe any mishandling of the situation is not going to do any good to you, ur family and to the unseen. I agree with eikin that mantra actually contains the essence of the Buddha's teaching and it is not meant to cause any harm to any beings. Just continue to have faith in your own practice, i think everything will be fine. meantime, i think u need to compose urself so that u can continue to be the support for your family members. Om Mani Padme Hung!

i do haf a few encounters myself... but hey! that's another story for another day!

cheers! meanwhile, get set to sell that apartment!:thumbsup:

Hey remember to tell us the location of your apartment before u sell it! ;p

i do haf a few encounters myself... but hey! that's another story for another day!

cheers! meanwhile, get set to sell that apartment!:thumbsup:

Bro, I am asking how to solve the damn problem. If you are not there to help, pls KEEP QUIET! Dun make those silly and stupid comments out there! Thanks!

Friend you must face it without fear.. It will go away.:angel:

Bro, I am asking how to solve the damn problem. If you are not there to help, pls KEEP QUIET! Dun make those silly and stupid comments out there! Thanks!

:bsmilie: sure! selling seems to be the solution! u might wanna post in SPI forum for more help!

i wish u will haf peace!:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Maybe get another monk to go to take a look? My good friend is one, if you need the contact, PM me :)

hang a 'black dog penis' on top of you door
but don ask me where to buy one

My wife and I just bought a house (resale) just half a year back in Singapore.
We only stay in there only in the weekends.
My wife and I could hear door knocking while we are sleeping at night. We are quite frighten and we quickly invited a Thai monk to our place for blessing. While the monk is chanting, my wife and I could clearly hear a female voice chanting along with him! We were shocked! And after the blessing, we give dana to the monk. The monk also suggested that we should give some offerings to the spirits too and we did so. Then it seems does not disturbed us and everything seems okie after the blessing.
It is really ok until 3 months later (which is last nite), we could hear door knocking again.
Wat should I do, pls help!
Harlow,
A few years back, I encountered a similiar incident like yours too. I was doing some filming in one of my classmate's aunt's flat at Boon Lay and I swear when I finished filming for the day and was resting in the living room, I heard someone sighing just beside my ear. Apparently, that particular flat, according to my classmate, was hardly used by his aunt also.

These are just some of my suggestions to your paranormal problem:

1. Have a party at your house, for say, 2 weekends in a row. Maybe first weekend for friends and next weekend for family and relatives. If your friends or relatives have dogs, ask them to bring it along too. I am a buddhist too so I think you should know the theory of the "Yin and Yang". Just my two cents worth - because you and your wife only stay in the house during the weekend so most of the time, the house is empty and it becomes too yin, which is perfect for wandering spirits. By inviting people to your place (and the festive season is just around the corner so perfect excuse), it drives up the yang factor. Alternatively, you and your wife can try spending more time there as well.

2. Please check for "weird" items in your garden/yard/porch etc. When I was young and ignorant, I used to pick up coins from the ground UNTIL my Dad told me some people perform rituals to get rid of their bad luck and he said they will 'transfer' their bad luck to coins and they will toss it away. So if you accidentally picked up the coin with additional baggage, that 'baggage' will start tagging you also.

3. I cannot claim to be the perfect Buddhist devotee around but I heard the position of altars can have both wonderous and disasterous results. E.g., don't put your altar against the wall where the other side of the wall is your bedroom because it will lead to relationship conflicts. Don't put it against a wall where you have machinery such as aircon or the fridge because the vibrations will shake the altar, which means your deity will be disturbed and cannot stay and bless your home for long. Alternatively, maybe it is also a good time to clean your altar. I heard if the altar is dusty, it means your deity is probably non-existent already and your altar is just an "empty shell".

4. Personally, I don't really recommend providing more offerings because for one thing, you are the owner of the house and you have to show who is the boss. For one thing, you own the house, not the spirit(s). I think by making more offerings, it is another way of saying that you are scared and giving the spirit(s) more reasons to create havoc and worse, demands in the future.

5. If the above suggestions all don't work, I think you should go and find out about the history of your house. Start from the person who sold you the house but I doubt the person will tell you anything. If that fails, ask your neighbors specifically, one that has lived the area for quite some time. Reason being if you are prepared to spend money and hire a priest to bless the house (again), you need to know the history. E.g., If the previous owner of the house happens to be a Muslim or Christian or other kinds of religion, then you should hire the appropriate priest and tackle the problem. Hope you know what I am saying.

6. Lastly if that even fails, then it is a good sign that you are not meant to have this house and it is best to move somewhere else while you still have your sanity.

Disclaimer - Please take all the suggestions with a pinch of salt. The writer of this reply is not responsible for any losses, damages or whatsoever.

{Mich} :)

Harlow,
A few years back, I encountered a similiar incident like yours too. I was doing some filming in one of my classmate's aunt's flat at Boon Lay and I swear when I finished filming for the day and was resting in the living room, I heard someone sighing just beside my ear. Apparently, that particular flat, according to my classmate, was hardly used by his aunt also.

These are just some of my suggestions to your paranormal problem:

1. Have a party at your house, for say, 2 weekends in a row. Maybe first weekend for friends and next weekend for family and relatives. If your friends or relatives have dogs, ask them to bring it along too. I am a buddhist too so I think you should know the theory of the "Yin and Yang". Just my two cents worth - because you and your wife only stay in the house during the weekend so most of the time, the house is empty and it becomes too yin, which is perfect for wandering spirits. By inviting people to your place (and the festive season is just around the corner so perfect excuse), it drives up the yang factor. Alternatively, you and your wife can try spending more time there as well.

2. Please check for "weird" items in your garden/yard/porch etc. When I was young and ignorant, I used to pick up coins from the ground UNTIL my Dad told me some people perform rituals to get rid of their bad luck and he said they will 'transfer' their bad luck to coins and they will toss it away. So if you accidentally picked up the coin with additional baggage, that 'baggage' will start tagging you also.

3. I cannot claim to be the perfect Buddhist devotee around but I heard the position of altars can have both wonderous and disasterous results. E.g., don't put your altar against the wall where the other side of the wall is your bedroom because it will lead to relationship conflicts. Don't put it against a wall where you have machinery such as aircon or the fridge because the vibrations will shake the altar, which means your deity will be disturbed and cannot stay and bless your home for long. Alternatively, maybe it is also a good time to clean your altar. I heard if the altar is dusty, it means your deity is probably non-existent already and your altar is just an "empty shell".

4. Personally, I don't really recommend providing more offerings because for one thing, you are the owner of the house and you have to show who is the boss. For one thing, you own the house, not the spirit(s). I think by making more offerings, it is another way of saying that you are scared and giving the spirit(s) more reasons to create havoc and worse, demands in the future.

5. If the above suggestions all don't work, I think you should go and find out about the history of your house. Start from the person who sold you the house but I doubt the person will tell you anything. If that fails, ask your neighbors specifically, one that has lived the area for quite some time. Reason being if you are prepared to spend money and hire a priest to bless the house (again), you need to know the history. E.g., If the previous owner of the house happens to be a Muslim or Christian or other kinds of religion, then you should hire the appropriate priest and tackle the problem. Hope you know what I am saying.

6. Lastly if that even fails, then it is a good sign that you are not meant to have this house and it is best to move somewhere else while you still have your sanity.

Disclaimer - Please take all the suggestions with a pinch of salt. The writer of this reply is not responsible for any losses, damages or whatsoever.

{Mich} :)

hmm.. sry to OT.. but some of the things u said seems more to be of Taoist belief n not Buddhist ones..

Status
Not open for further replies.