hasselblad focusing screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefyxz

Sep 17, 2003
Visit site
Which focusing screen fits the Hasselblad 500c?
And which focusing screen is the best? (brighter)

The best focusing screen suitable for your 500C is the Acute-Matte screens (Code 42215). There are two things to consider though:

1. this stuff costs some $300 (can almost buy another 500C)

2. you can't change the screen in DIY mode for 500C (possible for 500CM and newer models). Need to take out those screws and after installing the screen, supposedly calibration of focusing accuracy is required.

If these are non-issue, go get from CP.

Do not try to install the Acumatt screen in your 500C yourself. I tried doing that and ruined the calibration of the screen. Even the local agent couldn't get it back to factory spec. Either you send it to US for the operation or you have to be contended with the existing screen...

i would recommend the acute matte screen with split rings and micro prism for it versatility for all kinds of work. like neo and nescafe had said, you cannot diy the screen change. the local agent should be able to do it for a small fee (actually the job is no big deal).

There are a few shops in the Peninsula Plaza area which sell second hand and also do some repair job. Would you recommend one of those for the substitution of the focusing screen?

Unlikely that you can do it at the local shops. The focusing screen need a machine called a collimater (something like that... the spelling is wrong) to ensure that the focusing is spot on. It's quite a expensive and big machine. Try calling Shriro and ask them... they refused to do it for me a cuple of years ago, but they might have change their policy...

Status
Not open for further replies.