Hasselblad CFD/CFV for V-System

Status
Not open for further replies.

SzennyBoy

Mar 3, 2002
London, UK
www.zen76903.zen.co.uk
Don't know about you fellas here but I've only just found out about this new additional to the Hasselblad V-System... The 503CWD system! The best bit is that we can get the 16 Megapixel CFV back on it own. That's all I really need for my 503CW system... :D

you'll be able to go 'till 39MP soon as well...

But with only refresh rate of 1.71 sec per shot and it is 135 size sensor with lens factor of 1.5x. This back does not look very good to me lei. Unless it is very cheap or I see no point in as of yet.

singscott said:
But with only refresh rate of 1.71 sec per shot and it is 135 size sensor with lens factor of 1.5x. This back does not look very good to me lei. Unless it is very cheap or I see no point in as of yet.

Digital back doesn't match with cheap... :)
To me this back will be easily in the top 5 today. I'm just waiting to check if they changed some inputs (Hasselblad HB RGB, full & reproduction dynamics) and if there will be new update for Flexcolor.but apparently the current 22MP back is ready to accept the 39MP. Components inside seem to be strong enought to support it.

1.7 fps for 39MP is not so bad I think exactly like the Phase One P45, 39Mp as well, RAW file size 117M. Digital backs are not done for action shoot.
RAW file size for the Hassel 39MP should br ard 80M which is not bad actually compare to the other.

Then which digital back do you think is the best today? I'm waiting impatiently June to be able to test this one

anyone tried the new leaf aptus 65/75? have heard some good comments from some old birds from my prev company...

Guillaume said:
Digital back doesn't match with cheap... :)
To me this back will be easily in the top 5 today. I'm just waiting to check if they changed some inputs (Hasselblad HB RGB, full & reproduction dynamics) and if there will be new update for Flexcolor.but apparently the current 22MP back is ready to accept the 39MP. Components inside seem to be strong enought to support it.

1.7 fps for 39MP is not so bad I think exactly like the Phase One P45, 39Mp as well, RAW file size 117M. Digital backs are not done for action shoot.
RAW file size for the Hassel 39MP should br ard 80M which is not bad actually compare to the other.

Then which digital back do you think is the best today? I'm waiting impatiently June to be able to test this one

Err it is not 1.71 fps it IS 1.71 sec per shot. Meaning you shoot wait 1.71 sec later to shoot another shot. The faster back like the 22 megapixels sinar eMotion is only 0.8 sec to refresh for another shot. Oh p45 it is 1.4 sec per shot. To some these might look fast enough but when you shoot people it is very annoying not able to shoot when you have to as the right moment present itself. Lastly the back we are talking is a 16 megapixels one not 39 ;)

singscott said:
Err it is not 1.71 fps it IS 1.71 sec per shot. Meaning you shoot wait 1.71 sec later to shoot another shot. The faster back like the 22 megapixels sinar eMotion is only 0.8 sec to refresh for another shot. Oh p45 it is 1.4 sec per shot. To some these might look fast enough but when you shoot people it is very annoying not able to shoot when you have to as the right moment present itself. Lastly the back we are talking is a 16 megapixels one not 39 ;)

1.71 fps or 1.71 sec per shot it's the same...Slow.SInar is 0.8, like Hasselblad 22MP P45 is 1.7 fps

If you shoot things like watches, accessories, etc, using a digital back, like Hassel CF, you'll be able to take up to 16 shots with interpollation but raw size (in .fff) will be ard 512M but the quality is really good. The picture size will be double.

Then I agree with you, if you don't need to print huge size, don't need interpollation - 16MP to 22MP is the best choice today in term of ratio quality / price.

I shoot actually most of the time with Hasselblad 22MP and I've tried 3 weeks ago the Leaf Aptus 65, 28MP and also the Aptus 75. Both are really good and maybe my choice for my future purchase (Aptus 65) but the only thing very annoying is the scrolling speed when you need to check or even zoom ; it's really slow but very friendly using.. I think the graphic card ship is not powerfull enought for the 6x7 touch screen. But in term of quality, inputs, compression and security for the datas Leaf is really good. THey are the only one today who propose that security. So far I've never lost any pictures with the other digital back but you never know... Hasselblad recommends to use 4G max.
Leaf capture 10 is not the best today but they upgrade often and for free their soft. But one more time, their inputs - the most important thing - are very good.
Leaf prices are good too compare to Hasselblad but we are talking about expensive stuff. And the "war" is just starting...

Beyond the camera, you 'll need also a strong computer to manage those pictures. A good Mac G5 quad with 4G ;)

Guillaume said:
1.71 fps or 1.71 sec per shot it's the same... SInar is 0.8, like Hasselblad 22MP P45 is 1.7 fps

FYI...

1.71 fps = 1.71 frames per second
1.71 sec per shot = 0.585 frames per second (fps)

The two are not the same. :nono:

SzennyBoy said:
FYI...

1.71 fps = 1.71 frames per second
1.71 sec per shot = 0.585 frames per second (fps)

The two are not the same. :nono:

yes you're right. I meant it's the same in term of need to wait and they are not cameras for action shoots. It's too slow
But usually specs are in fps for Canon for exemple and f. per minute for the digital back

With which digital back are you working usually? I would like to know your feedback concerning those.

Guillaume said:
With which digital back are you working usually? I would like to know your feedback concerning those.

I've not got a digital back for my Hassy yet... my main digital body is the Nikon D2x with the D2Hs, D200 and D100 as backups depending on project requirements and body availability within my teams. I'm not a commercial but rather a engineering/forensics type photographer i.e. scientist/examiner-type as seen in CSI on the TV to a certain extent. The Hassy system is more for my "spare-time" photography and when a need for larger format work during project work. ;)

SzennyBoy said:
I've not got a digital back for my Hassy yet... my main digital body is the Nikon D2x with the D2Hs, D200 and D100 as backups depending on project requirements and body availability within my teams. I'm not a commercial but rather a engineering/forensics type photographer i.e. scientist/examiner-type as seen in CSI on the TV to a certain extent. The Hassy system is more for my "spare-time" photography and when a need for larger format work during project work. ;)

ok. Let me know if you can find some details. Very difficult to compare. I tried some of them but not at the same time, same subject, same light, etc. Too difficult to compare and nothing in the magazines.
I'm thinking about the Leaf Aptus 65. only the scrolling is slow but ratio price/quality is one of the best I think. The market is growing up very quickly now and in a short while we will find very good products. For the speed, because of the size of the miror, we will be always limited I think. For action shot it's defenitely not the right choice.

i'm actually looking at the new eMotion series...same chip as the leaf 75, i believe its much faster than leaf...havent seen or have a feel of it yet...Sinar not really moving in Asia and states...

roti said:
i'm actually looking at the new eMotion series...same chip as the leaf 75, i believe its much faster than leaf...havent seen or have a feel of it yet...Sinar not really moving in Asia and states...

Ok keep me posted about that :thumbsup:

roti said:

You be suprise how many sinar eMotion user in singapore just call Gin Studio if you are in Singapore their number: +65 6293 9998 for more details. I have use the eMotion the refresh rate is just nice for motorised Hasselblad. At 0.8 second a shot is double quick then any backs in the market.;)

Guillaume said:
Ok keep me posted about that :thumbsup:
sure...will do....singscott..tks for the number...buying in sgp is much more X than elsewhere....i'm likely to buy in tw... now based there also...boss also over there...:D

keep us posted of the TW price...

roti said:
sure...will do....singscott..tks for the number...buying in sgp is much more X than elsewhere....i'm likely to buy in tw... now based there also...boss also over there...:D

oki..i juz call the sales guy..the sinar is not in yet...got to wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.