Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan 2008

Nice series!

I wish there is not much human around...

Nevertheless, good coverage and thank you for sharing...:)

Hi...yes indeed...Petra is pretty packed with tourists...especially at the time I went...that was back in March last year. Although I must admit, in a lot of the photos (and those to come) I employ a lot of human elements in the photos to show the scale of the place itself. It is quite hard to imagine how big some of these places carved out of rock are...unless u put a human in front of it.

yeah, same question. are tourists allowed to enter the treasury? :)

yes you can enter. but there's nothing much inside. just a square room with bare walls.

Bro,nice...:thumbsup: reminds me of the movie Indiana Jones Last Crusade...is that the place?

Nice series:thumbsup:. Plan to go there soon....;p

Thanks for sharing.

Looking back at the path taken in order to trek up to the Monastery
original.jpg

original.jpg

A panoramic view with the Monastery on the left
original.jpg

The Monastery. It is hard to imagine the size and scale of this structure unless you put a human next to it.
original.jpg

One of the viewing platforms
original.jpg

very nice series, thanks for sharing :)

A great series...and a new add to my list of places to see :)

Some people think that you need to try to just show the place without people to get a great shot, and those were the shots I know that I preferred to take, but a recent travel photography course got me thinking along the lines that you really need a few people in your shots to help give scope, scale, and life to a photo.

Thanks for the inspiring shots.

Well...before my trial version for PS5 runs out in a few days time, I figure I better make use of the next 3 days of holidays in China to PS another place I went in Jordan...Wadi Rum...

Wadi Rum, contrary to what others may think...is not your typical Middle Eastern desert...it is a vast open desert of red and oranged coloured sand with hugh beautiful rock mountains (yes no kidding, there are really big mountains) that sits all across Wadi Rum. Following a recommendation from Ruth in her website, I decided to hire a driver to take me through this areas rather than follow a tour group. This was 2 years back so my memory is fading a bit...but I remember it as 250 jordanian dollars...which is hell of a lot for 1 person. Good if you can find 2 to 3 people to share.

For those who are in Jordan, I would say this place is a MUST GO and you really will be stunned by the sheer size and magnificence of the place. When the car engine stops, the silence of the whole desert is deafening. If you can, try to stay overnight and you will see the whole sky littered with stars...should be quite a surreal experience.

So...here is a picture to kickstart Wadi Rum and I will try to share more.

Riding into the desert area of Wadi Rum
110834781.jpg

Last edited:
125567579.jpg

125568231.jpg

125569183.jpg

Last edited: