Has any one tried using panasonic tube and hood on phayee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoliyam

Apr 13, 2005
Just wondering if anyone tried attaching the panasonic tube and hood on top of the phayee adapter 62mm end.

I have read that panasonic hood didnt have small enough angle for effective telephoto performance so i figured if i extended the tube further this problem might be solved. Any suggestions.

Also, if some one has a pair of calippers can you advise on the outer ring size of phayee adapter at 62mm end and the ring size of the panasonic tube (the lower end that's attached to camera). thinking of buying a step-up/down ring and try the arrangement.

neoliyam said:
Just wondering if anyone tried attaching the panasonic tube and hood on top of the phayee adapter 62mm end.

I have read that panasonic hood didnt have small enough angle for effective telephoto performance so i figured if i extended the tube further this problem might be solved. Any suggestions.

Also, if some one has a pair of calippers can you advise on the outer ring size of phayee adapter at 62mm end and the ring size of the panasonic tube (the lower end that's attached to camera). thinking of buying a step-up/down ring and try the arrangement.

Are you trying to stack the Pana lens hood on top of Phayee lens hood?? thought FZ10/FZ20 is already long enough, why do you want such a long hood for? They are not designed to be served as a Tele-converter....why? why? why? I am puzzled..... :dunno:

Hi Jim,

not on top of the phayee hood, but the adapter tube.. the first half of the phayee tube that is connected to the camera + panasonic tube + hood. i hope i am clearer.

thanks,
Manish

neoliyam said:
Hi Jim,

not on top of the phayee hood, but the adapter tube.. the first half of the phayee tube that is connected to the camera + panasonic tube + hood. i hope i am clearer.

thanks,
Manish

Errrr....is this what you mean:

Camera ->Payee first half with 62mm thread -> Pana lens hood -> Pana Lotus-shape hood?

yups...

neoliyam said:

Okie, but dun see the point...unless you are not willing to part the Lotus-shape hood...which is of the least of concern compare with all others....IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.