Hari Raya Morning Shoot

Nikkornos

Oct 31, 2008
Singapore/Asia
Hello Guys

Hari Raya is next Tuesday. I suppose the MF group can meet to shoot.

Propose to shoot in Geylang seri area. All suggestions welcomed.

Here are some tips :

To soak in the atmosphere of the festival, you should visit the street festivities and light-ups in Geylang Serai and Kampong Glam. Visit the various Mosques around Singapore such as Sultan Mosque and Jamae Mosque. See live performances at Raya Harmoni and and shop at numerous bazaars featuring a variety of traditional Malay delicacies and souvenirs.

The Hari Raya Light-Up is also not to be missed, where you can witness fantastic decorations and colourful lights that will bring the streets to life. This year’s Light-Up will start on 30 July 2011 and ends on 7 September 2011.

The National Development Ministry (MND) has unveiled details of its plans for the redevelopment of Geylang Serai, including the new plans for the current Malay Village, whose lease expires at the end of the year. This means this year will be the last chance for you to see the original face fo the old Malay Village before it is transformed to a new Village by 2015/16. There will be daily Hari Raya bazaar till 29 August for all to grab the best deals for the Hari Raya Celebration. The Malay Village will feature performances such as Malay dance, fashion show and Silat performance, a Malay martial art form.

Last edited:
hi Nikkornos,

I was there last week with my 135mm Yashica T4 ( commonly known as idiot camera )
B&W ASA400 film.

Its definitely worth a visit.
I am in. Please keep me informed on the exact meeting time and location.

geylang_serai_001.jpg

geylang_serai_002.jpg

geylang_serai_003.jpg

geylang_serai_004.jpg

appreciated for the effort to organize this.
Billy

Hi thanks for this.. I am surely in for this..give us an update on the details.

cheers
a

will be really crowded rite? I can shoot a few more rolls of 120 then send for processing. My LF/135 roll will have to wait another day.

will be really crowded rite? I can shoot a few more rolls of 120 then send for processing. My LF/135 roll will have to wait another day.

Erm... Geylang Serai is basically deserted on Hari Raya. Everyone is at the mosque for morning prayers (8am++) or at home preparing. Hari Raya eve is a different matter though. Last minute bargains at midnight might bring out the localized crowds.

Billy bro, nice pictures! Want to take you AFDII for action again? ;)

knight84 bro, bring your Hassy 503, I might bring my 503 or the Arax. :)

Foxtwo bro, surely we can shoot AFD. ;)

Baracus bro, THANKS for the correction! :thumbsup:

Why not we meet in late afternoon 29th on Hari Raya Eve.
Eve has more action and people more jovial!

Suggested gear:
TLR, SLR MF gear
Some night shoot by 8~9pm
Makan session after that!

If ok, I will post on the Gathering section. Total not more the 5-6 :)

Last edited:
Mine is 500C leh! but Ya I ll be bringing it! and maybe by nikon d300s also shall see..how

I am ok either of the days but not both the days..got alot of work to do leh! NIE not easy!

Mine is 500C leh! but Ya I ll be bringing it! and maybe by nikon d300s also shall see..how

I am ok either of the days but not both the days..got alot of work to do leh! NIE not easy!

Definitely!

Lets tentatively fix at 5:30pm 29th August Hari Raya Eve. :thumbsup:

Meeting place will be at
Geylang Serai Market & Food Centre 1 Geylang Serai #01-k1 Singapore 402001

On?(please PM me your number)

1. Nikkornos

Cap at ten.

Last edited:
Sorry din read full msg

Last edited:
Lets tentatively fix at 5:30pm 29th August Hari Raya Eve. :thumbsup:

Meeting place will be at

1. Nikkornos
2.Knight84

Cap at ten.[/QUOTE]

5:30pm 29th August Hari Raya Eve. :thumbsup:

Meeting place will be at

1. Nikkornos
2. Knight84
3. lkkang

Cap at ten.

5:30pm 29th August Hari Raya Eve. :thumbsup:

Meeting place will be at

1. Nikkornos
2. Knight84
3. lkkang
4. foxtwo

Cap at ten.

5:30pm 29th August Hari Raya Eve.

Meeting place will be at

1. Nikkornos
2. Knight84
3. lkkang
4. foxtwo

Cap at ten.

Some random pictures from Flicker to wet the appetite first (ASA 400, fill in flash??)

Last edited:
Omg I wanna be there! But i end work at 5pm from jurong island, Reach there = extremely late

Have fun guys!

Hello Guys

I updated on the outings session

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/thre...eforeHari-Raya-5-30pm-Geylang-Serai?p=7414311

Need a really high speed film.
Flash helps but some people may not like it, and it wipes out atmosphere....

Food-9.jpg

Mamiya C330F 55mm F4.5 Metz flash​

The silent killer of a TLR where people doesn't know what are you looking down in the box for or when they are shot. I bet no one will know you even shot them if you never fired the flash.

The silent killer of a TLR where people doesn't know what are you looking down in the box for or when they are shot. I bet no one will know you even shot them if you never fired the flash.

Exactly ;)
It was too dim at F4 1/30 and the face will not show up. I had to use a fill flash.
Nikon SB28 set to F4 and fired. There were a few shots with warm lighting but was ruined by flash :dunno: