Hanoi - Sapa - Ha Long Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoky

Mar 17, 2004
Singapore
hoky.multiply.com
Planning a trip 8D/7N to Hanoi. (26/4 ~ 3/5)
Here's itinerary:

i. Train rides to & fro Hanoi + Trekking across Sapa (4 Days, 5 Nights)
ii. Taking a cruise thru Ha Long (2 Days, 1 Night)
iii. F&E (for the rest of it)

I'm looking for travel partners to form a group; please PM me for information if you are interested.
Anyone who have experiences / tips, please kindly share them in this thread.

I know of a group going from 29th to 5th though. But think it is a private group. :think:

i'm a vietnamese but stay in HCMC not Hanoi
I want to do a trip like that also but now i'm so tied up with work.
May go at the end of my contract, around Oct

Hi Hoky,

I took 3 months off work last year and went backpacking alone and spend a month each in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. I would strongly recommend anyone who can afford the time / money to do what i did. It was an amazing experience.

Long story short I would advice ideally you plan your trip in such a way you spent the weekend at Sapa / Bac Ha (reach Sapa / Bac Ha Friday morning so the train leaves Hanoi Thurs night) coz that's where the "Love Market" takes place (do a google search online to find out more).

Halong Bay is great and 2 days 1 night is enough and please you may skip Cat Ba island (the 3 days 2 nights package where 1 night is spent on the boat and another on Cat Ba island).

Please also note under most guesthouses arrangements, you will have to pay slightly extra (USD10) for a guide to take you to Bac Ha. I feel Sapa is too commercialized and touristy and Bac Ha is a lot less developed.

I dun know what other kind of pointers you need but i can certainly shed some light having spent a month there travelling more than 2000 kms from HCMC to Hanoi.

Oh yes currency wise most money changers locally do not have vietnamese dong so good idea you guys change to USD here in singapore first then change to vietnamese dong in hanoi. besides USD is pretty widely accepted in hanoi.

If you need more specific details drop me a PM. If you need lonely planet guide i will be happy to pass it to you.

All the best and enjoy your trip!!!

I want to go with the group...I need a "partner" to book tics together..
cheaper..:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.