Hanoi Camera Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2006
This is obviously not the usual question about where to photosupplies. If anyone has been to Hanoi recently knows of any decent camera store selling Digital P&S or shops at the airport (Hanoi International) please do share info.

I'm looking for a modest ixus or lumix to use alongside my fe2. Reason being is that i don't wish to add to my luggage weight a D200 body but i want to have some digital shots of the place.

If you think that getting it locally in Singapore doesn't make much of a difference in terms of price then kindly do tell me before i go there and see that all they have in vietnam are box cameras and leftover war leicas.

Better get it here. Digital cameras are a luxury there, and priced accordingly.

Good deals on war-time leicas though. ;)

better check out photo.vn or vnphoto.net for second hand and film camera. Last time I saw a Yashica TLR @ 80$, or Nikon manual Lens like 70-200 f2.8 @ 150$ . It is quite difficult to find a store that have good stuff in Vietnam, or in Hanoi, since everybody doesn't want to sell their cameras outside the community.

For TS, I think any camera shop along Trang Thi street, or Hang Bai street ( near Ho Guom in vietnamese or Sword lake in english ) could be OK. Don't know whether they can speak english well or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.