Hanging Loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

seankyh

Nov 30, 2004
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Very long time never post leow. Went to the zoo to release stress. C&C please.

original.jpg

Looks good to me... he's really hanging loose...

sweet stuff.. how you get the background to blur outso nicely? i went with my school a few weeks ago.but couldn't get the back ground to blur that nicely. i just started to take photos beginning of this year.

ragdoll said:
sweet stuff.. how you get the background to blur outso nicely? i went with my school a few weeks ago.but couldn't get the back ground to blur that nicely. i just started to take photos beginning of this year.

Thanks. You need to use a lens that permits a large aperture. For this shot, I'm using f2.8. This gives you a shallow Depth of Field (DOF) and the background is nice and blurred out.

nice shot.. but looks like more sharp on the tree branch than the "hanger" (focusing not right?)

seankyh said:
Thanks. You need to use a lens that permits a large aperture. For this shot, I'm using f2.8. This gives you a shallow Depth of Field (DOF) and the background is nice and blurred out.

what lens did you use?

nikkor 18-200mm ?

lenzz said:
nice shot.. but looks like more sharp on the tree branch than the "hanger" (focusing not right?)

Thanks. I actually focused on the orang..

Nice composition but I find the background distracting

wildstallion said:
what settings, looks like its wide open at 2.8? maybe the shutter speed was too slow so some handshake may have caused a slight loss in sharpness

f2.8, 1/800s. Think its really my hand shake too much. :(

wildstallion said:
1/800 should be fine, VR on? Active/Normal?

I think it must be pretty bad handshake then, maybe use this lens with a monopod, thats what i did

VR on, Normal mode. Will try again sometime. Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.